Did I hold his head too tightly? :(

laxobellavida

Reaction score
I feel like a horrible mom! :( at the hospital, the lactation nurse told me to hold baby's head tightly to my breast. Well today I cupped his head in my hand and put it towards my breast. He started crying more at that moment after he had calmed down from crying for food. Could I have held his head too tight? Could I have hurt him? :(

I doubt you hurt his head hunny, I've found that as my little lady has got a bit older (she's 1 month now) she has really disliked me trying to pull her to my breast, maybe he just got annoyed?
I'm surprised the LC told you to hold his head, unless there is something unusual going on. The advice here anyway is to apply gentle pressure accross there upper back/shoulders to bring them to the breast so they are able to freely tip their head back which helps them to latch and also they can stop on their own when they are done. Maybe you could try that? :)

Thank you :) I worry about every little thing... I am a FTM :) I'm also surprised the lactation nurse told me to hold his head. She was quite rough and just pushed his head onto my breast. It scared me a bit!

I was told by the midwife when DD was born, not to touch their head or face when possible as they really hate it and it can confuse them to where the nipple is.

Ee congratulations :) I'm a ftm too, I understand the worry and constantly second guessing yourself. But your not a bad mum and it sounds like the lactation consultant wasn't great or perhaps old fashioned in their approach :/ You know what is right for your baby, I hope you've found a better method and baby hasn't complained since hehe x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->