Did I miscarry?? HCG doubling!

jmqt17

Reaction score
Thursday 5/26 - started spotting, told to go have hcg tested: hcg-40
Friday 5/27 - started bleeding, stringy, clotting, painful cramps, went to hospital they said i miscarried - sent home to greive
Saturday 5/28 - hcg 146
Tuesday 5/31 - hcg 714
Thursday hcg 1228

As you can see they KEEP going up.. i have no idea what to think! At this point I should be 6 weeks along. I have an ultrasound tomorrow.. but I am just so anxious, I thought i'd ask for opinions.

Thanks so much

If your hcg are doubling which they are beautifully, than I do not believe you are miscarrying. Did they do an ultrasound? You could have implantation bleeding, a small hemorrhage which are common. But a doubling hcg means somethin in there is growing!

They did an ultrasound Friday when I was in the hospital and they didn't see anything, except a cyst on my ovary that they want to continue monitoring.. However, at that point I would have only been 4 weeks 5 days. Shouldn't they have seen the yolk sac at least?

Nope! when I was almost 5 weeks I had ultrasound for blood and they just saw cyst and thickened uterus. The waiting game sucks doesn't it?

Thanks so much for answering. That makes me feel better !! I'll keep you posted. I've asked this question on so many forums today and no one has answered.. THANK YOUUU! :flower:

Is it possible you were pregnant with twins and lost one? It is possible, especially with fraternal twins.

thank you, i actually did read about that.. I am wondering about that myself... I'm also worried that it could possibly be ectopic??

Typically ectopic pregnancy hcg would rise very very slow and not be high like yours Hun:)! Add me to your list so we can keep in touch!

Definitely demand another scan, if you had miscarried, your numbers wouldn't be doubling. I think it was just an assumption on their part. There are lots of reasons you could be bleeding.

with my first miscarriage my hcg levels went down very quickly, there's no way that you could have miscarried and still have your numbers rising in that manner. i reckon that maybe it was a twin. try and get another scan!

Lets hope for the best! if ur hcg levels r up that means ur baby is growing let us know about your appt tmw

I was getting negative pregnancy tests 2 days after the bleeding had stopped I was 5 weeks. I got caught straight away after though I'm 7 weeks today so it is confusing cause I dont no if the negative tests was true negatives and im 11 weeks or I got caught straight away we shall see. Hope all goes well for u xx

Your rising hcg means good, I have to agree, could be twins. Myself, it is quite common for bleeds. Not sure why, the drs dont know why. I got watched very closely on my last 2 babies ...and I went on to having babies. I remember with my first son, I was what I thought was 8 weeks and I went to a clinic cus I was to afraid to go to hospital..I was bleeding..the dr done internal and said theres so much blood, you are miscarrying. Me being so dumb I beleived him. I went home, cried and 7 months later I gave birth to my first born son. I have never went back tot hat clinic..so bleeding is common, more common than drs want to beleive or let us beleive. Good luck at your next scan. The sac is usually seen AFTER 5 weeks..so good luck. :)

I have to agree with her ^^ right above me.
Bleeding is so common in pregnancy and does not always pose a risk to mother and baby. There are a lot of things that can cause bleeding in pregnancy. For example stretching and expanding body can cause little capillaries to burst, causing the bleed. There is also a possibility of a subchorionic hemorrhage which is a bleed in the uterus that is due (most of the time) to the rapidly expanding uterus and it becomming irritated. These type of hemorrhages are very common among pregnant women and is said to be accounted for 20% of all first trimester bleeding. So, that is really common. Another thing that can happen late first tri- throughout pregnancy is either placenta previa or a low lying placenta. As baby bounces of the placenta it can irritate it causing a little blood to be expelled.

I hope you update soon as we are all thining about you. Good Luck X.

Oh since the above poster mentioned this..I will explain my bleeds in pregnancy number 4 and 6...was cause I got pregnant and big so fast. well dr can only assume it. I did have low lying placenta with my 6th. As you can see I got pregnant bam bam bam with my babies. My uterus had very little time to recoup from my pregnancies. But my drs all said its impossible this happens BUT I have to beleive it does, because they are all born and healthy. I did hve misscarriages tho and that breaks my heart. but I do hope you are all ok. update when you can

My hcg doubled very quickly when i had an ectopic. They couldnt understand why until they investigated. Turns out baby was half in my tube and out.

But my sister had heavy bleeds throughout her pregnancy (i mean huge!! scared the crap outta me) and she now has a bouncing 3yr old. No explaination just something her body does :shrug:

Good Luck Huni xxxxx:hugs::hugs:

Hi Ladies.. Bad news.. Confirmed: ECTOPIC.

Once my scan started and I realized there was nothing in my uterus and the sonographer was taking many pictures of my right side, I knew it wasn't a good sign. I just started sobbing.

They saw the gestational sac and fetal pole in my right tube almost in the middle of my ovary and uterus. I was directed to leave my OB office and go directly to the hospital, where I was given 2 shots of Methrotrexate. After monitoring me for an hour, they sent me home. I slept like a baby and still feel groggy and exhausted.

I really appreciate all of your responses and positive attitudes. I love this forum and the support women provide for each other. THANK YOU.

I think this will take quite a while to get over. Thanks again for all of your feedback.

Jen

I'm very sorry :( hopefully they caught it in time and you will not need surgery. U must be feeling such huge disappointment right now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->