Did I overstrain myself?

jenny82

Reaction score
Went swimming last night and got really into it...a little too into it. This morning my legs and arms are really achey. I know that its just because the muscles are recovering from working out and its a GOOD thing.

But, in pregnancy, is it a good thing? I hope I didn't overdo it.

And I don't think its affected baby as he's being a punchy little thing as per usual...but still, am a bit worried :/

Swimming is a really gentle exercise and I would think you did no harm to your baby. It is safely cushioned in your womb, so try not to worry, but also try not to overexert yourself, after all your body is working so hard to make the baby :)

It wont do baby any harm, just make sure you get plenty of rest and liquids today (a lot of people don't realise that you still dehydrate when swimming...).

Excellent exercise, but no need to kill yourself on every trip :hugs:

BUT, when recovered, go back for more :thumbup:

QT

phew I would've thought I'd be grand but I just thought I'd check.

Apart from the achiness though, I feel fantastic! Can't wait to go back on Friday..

yea it totaly fine i say, i was in turkey few weeks back and over did myself two day in row, thought i harmed the baby but swimming protects ur whole body x

Drink LOADS of water!!!!!

Your body will be producing lactic acid so lots of water will help keep you refreshed and wash out any toxins. Also try and remember to stretch after a strong work out. It'll prevent injuries, lessen the ache and keep you limber for birth. :thumbup:

And as said, don't push yourself too much.

Although at the gym today (look at me! :bodyb:) i started realising I have more energy (even though I'm not working out as regularly as I did pre pregnancy) and I wondered if it might be some strange way of our bodies preparing for birth? Like some marathon training ingrained in us. Some of us (who are lucky I suppose) get all this energy in the second tri and (carefully!) go gallivanting about being energetic which inevitably increases both strength and stamina and then we lose it all as our bodies go into waiting for the finale. Like when you train for a marathon you have to build up but then a few days before you have to give your body time to just wait and be healthy and rest before the big day?

This theory is more than likely all BS as I made it up this morning. :haha:

Am only on water and peppermint tea at the min so am fully hydrated. And actually did some stretches in the water too which felt awesome. I hadn't stretched the muscles on my thights properly in months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->