Did I ovulate at all?

hopingforbean

Reaction score
This is my first month charting. Starting to wonder - by looking at my chart - if I even ovulated at all. :cry:
Can you ladies give me your opinion?
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5ee034/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I think it looks good and the dip day 5 could be implantation? And the fact they have remained high makes me believe you did indeed ov

I think it looks good and the dip day 5 could be implantation bleeding? And the fact they have remained high makes me believe you did indeed ov

Ok thank you. On FertilityFriend I had quite a few ladies wondering if I ovulated at all and it made me really sad to think my body was broken

I WISH that dip on Day 5 was implantation dip. Negative HPT as of yesterday - 10 DPO. Feeling very anxious & sad. Wish AF would just arrive already and get the pain over with! :dohh: She's due Monday

Sorry I didn't mean implantation bleeding lol on auto pilot. Just mean implantation.

Still could be... fingers crossed for you!!!

Sorry I didn't mean implantation bleeding lol on auto pilot. Just mean implantation.

Still could be... fingers crossed for you!!!

Here's hoping!!! Thank you!!

Can anyone here explain exactly what a Biphasic chart looks like? Or what I am looking for?

Your chart's kind of hard to tell because you didn't have many points before O. Usually, based on the points before O, FF will give you a baseline temp like if you are >= baseline then you are in the second part of the biphasic; if you are <=baseline then you're probably bleeding or about to bleed.

Reading charts it's all about looking at the patterns over time, rather than any individual temperature. My chart in my signature shows that my baseline is at 97.9 right now, and before O I had some 97.9 temps after O, I also had a couple of 97.9, but it was mostly 98.0 or above so that's what biphasic means. Like in math class, if you graph out all the points, and you had to draw just one flat horizontal line in between lower temps and higher temps, you should see majority of points before O under that line, and majority of points after O above that line.

But because you are missing a lot of data points before O, you can't draw the line right now. But your CM and OPK signs all say that you probably O'ed. So just keep temping next cycle and you'll get the hang of it :)

Your chart's kind of hard to tell because you didn't have many points before O. Usually, based on the points before O, FF will give you a baseline temp like if you are >= baseline then you are in the second part of the biphasic; if you are <=baseline then you're probably bleeding or about to bleed.

Reading charts it's all about looking at the patterns over time, rather than any individual temperature. My chart in my signature shows that my baseline is at 97.9 right now, and before O I had some 97.9 temps after O, I also had a couple of 97.9, but it was mostly 98.0 or above so that's what biphasic means. Like in math class, if you graph out all the points, and you had to draw just one flat horizontal line in between lower temps and higher temps, you should see majority of points before O under that line, and majority of points after O above that line.

But because you are missing a lot of data points before O, you can't draw the line right now. But your CM and OPK signs all say that you probably O'ed. So just keep temping next cycle and you'll get the hang of it :)
Got it! Yes I am frustrated that I didn't think to start temping at the beginning of my cycle. But this is the first month we started to try so I just didn't know any better.

Thats what is leading me to think I did O - because my CM went from watery, to EWCM, to creamy, to dry. Also my OPK was super positive, although I had 8 DAYS OF POSITIVE OPKS IN A ROW :wacko:

So what happens if I didn't ovulate? Do I just miss my period? Because I've never missed a period in my life, although last month AF was over 1 week late which was very bizarre. Which is why I'm on a bit of high alert wondering if my body is starting to get wonky :haha:

Hm I'm not sure. positive OPK is a good sign that at least you intended to ovulate. If you didn't, either your body will try again at some point or AF will still come on time. You can take a look at FF's anovulatory charts: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/cg/index.php?cat=2 and see what other cycles look like.

AF a week late is not uncommon on these boards. It's great that you're temping now because AF a week late could just mean that you ovulated a week later than usual. So knowing when you might've O'ed could tell you more about your body. I wouldn't assume that you didn't O unless there's evidence indicating lack of ovulation like a flat chart, or if your cycle is double the length basically meaning that you skipped a cycle entirely.

Also, if you got 8 days of OPK, then perhaps you did O a little later, like on the 19th. Keep temping and hopefully a clearer pattern will emerge.

Also, how are you temping, make sure your thermometer is reliable. I had two regular thermometers; one of them was wildly inconsistent like the temp changes 0.4 degrees in the matter of seconds, so my chart looked crazy at first. I switched to the other one and it's much better.

In any case don't worry about lack of ovulation just yet :) I was kind of anxious like that when I first started using OPK/temping like oh no what if my body's been broken this whole time and I didn't know?? But you'll know what's going on eventually, just have to collect the data first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"