Did nausea turn into sickness?

ElmoBumpToBe

Reaction score
This is my 4th baby and I haven't had this before, 6 weeks nausea kicked in and for the pasty two days it's been horrible, I wondered if it starts as nausea and then turns into sickness? I know some people get only nausea and aren't sick, but those of you who are sick, was it nausea first and then sickness?

I really don't cope well with throwing up I'm a bit scared lol!

that's me plus having a hiatal hernia makes me even more scared of throwing up

for now I have only vomited twice but the constant queasy feeling is no fun at all

with my DD I vomited like 3-4times a day

It was a bit for me. Started nausea at around 6 weeks that got a bit worse around 8 weeks and did get sick 2 times and 3 close calls. I'm now 9w1d and my nausea has gotten even worse so it lasts all day but haven't been actually sick recently - I'm sure it's just around the corner though:wacko:

Im hoping it gets better for me ... when does the placenta take over?

I didn't know how lucky I was to not have it with my three!!

Have just wandered around our little tesco and picked up Anytning I could stand the site of. I'm sipping a bottle of lucozade xx

I started with nausea at 5 weeks and was terrified! I have a phobia of being sick, the nausea lasted all week and after that it was just every now and again, I only started physically being sick in the 2nd trimester and that would just come on suddenly if I hadn't eaten and then I would feel nauseated, be sick - then feel fine.

I can't stress how terrified I was of being sick, but I just kept my eyes closed and you do get used to it :hugs:

Thankfully my nausea which started at 5 weeks has pretty much worn off now, and I was never sick thankfully (I hate being sick). I think I just kept stuffing my face to keep the nausea at bay!

My last pregnancy I had m/s so bad I would dry heave biol all day. So yeah, it did get pretty bad for me. This pregnancy however is just nausea so far.

yeah i know that lovely feeling!

I had it really bad with my first, constant nausea and was sick a lot- several times in a day, lost weight etc. (for about 5 months).
Second I had nausea/sickness but lasted until month 3.

But, I did tend to feel better after I was sick. I became pretty good friends with the toilet bowl. And I did feel the anxiety of it all does wear you out even more. So, might be worth having a 'whatever happens, i'll manage it' kind of attitude.
I used to keep bags in the car, or empty ice cream tubs next to the sofa for just in case moments.

Hopefully, you will be fine :)

I am so bad, I know it. I have undigested food that is making me sick at night, it does not push me to throw up but the nausea is horrible. So I know im bad for doing this, but I use the end of my toothbrush and make myself throw up. Afterwards, I feel a million times better. I only do that when I feel really really sick to my stomach and my body won't help me out by vomiting. I sip on water when im done, and it really does help. I know its bad to make yourself vomit, but I can't stand being sick to my stomach like that. I am constantly tossing and turning at night now.

I know some would probably tell me not to eat before bed to solve my issue. However, I have tried that. Which would normally work for me. Except now that I am pregnant, I get gas bubbles in my tummy that really hurt and make me feel even worse than if I had food in there. It's a stabbing gas bubble that just lurches all over. Which also makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->