Did she just tell me the sex???

smith87999

Mom of 4
Reaction score
So to give you guys some background... this is baby number 4 for DH and I ... and we have 3 boys... this is most likely our last baby and so we thought it would be wonderful to have it be a surprise...

So... I was on facebook this morning:comp:... and this lady who is a friend of the family and also works reception at my doctors office sent me an instant message...

"Hey Laura... congrats on having a girl sorry I didn't get to see you when you came in.. take care. " :dohh:

so we are team yellow:shrug:..... did she just tell me the sex....:shock:

IS IT A GIRL????? :shock:

It looks like it!!
Which could get her into serious trouble!

xx

It really could get her in to serious trouble!!! But yay to a girl????? xxx

Oh no. You should have replied and said what does she mean girl you dont know the sex and see what she said!

yer id reply saying you didnt know. sounds like it could be though hun.

I was afraid of what she would say I guess... I was in shock big time when I saw the word girl.... :rofl:

I would be getting on the phone to her and clearing it all up. Then deciding whether you want to shout at her or not. Bad thing is - how many other patients info is she blabbing all over the place? xxx

Would she know the sex? Not very professional if she did tell you. Hope shes right ,if thats the sex you are hoping for

Oh Laura .. hopefully it was just a slip - would they put it in your notes if you'd asked not to be told do you think? I'm not sure how these things work?

Not very wise of her to say something like that .. because that's really opening up herself to a lot of potential trouble if you felt inclined.

Hopefully it's a misunderstanding on her part ... are you going to ask her about it?

:hug:

I just sent her a message on facebook... asking her if she knew something we didn't because we didn't find out what we were having... we will see what she says... probably won't know anything till monday....

She is a very nice lady... I am sure she will cover her ass though by saying oh I thought that is what I heard... but I guess I was wrong...

She could know... they do our ultrasounds right in the doctors office and she works in the back... so she easily could have had a conversation with the ultrasound tech after my appointment, and I know the ultra sound tech knew because we looked right there.. but my husband and I could not tell... I don't know... it will still be a surprise cause I doubt if I really will ever know if she really knew or not.... :shrug:

Wow she could get sacked for reading your file hon but maybe she got it wrong, either that or she's physic!!!

Why don't you confront her about it and ask?

Oh wait you said you just did, missed that one sorry. I also had a friend congratulate me on facebook about our 4D scan and that we were having a little girl..... I haven't had a 4D scan and as we know mine hid his/her bits. She must have seen Cleckners photo I commented on :rofl: things happen maybe it's the same for her.

Ooooooopsie!!!! Like Pip says, it could be some kind of misunderstanding or mistake on her part (genuinely)... Or it could be like you said, and she either saw something at the doctor's surgery or spoke to someone and heard that you're having a girl....

But Laura, if it IS a girl, SQUEEEE!!!!! Hehehehe imagine your cute boys all being big brothers to a little girlie!!!! That'd be so sweet, no???

However, I would advise that you don't take it as gospel, because all sorts of things might have happened, and she's not necessarily right! She is gonna feel pretty silly when she gets your message I think, either way!

:hugs:
Let us know what she replies, if you like! I'd be interested to hear!

Shadow xxx

WOW..what a big oops! I bet she will feel like putting both feet in her mouth!

Oh wow......a GIRL!!!??? Well I think that would be very exciting...but again I HATE that she said that to you....b/c now you are going to think is it isn't it untill august!! lol.

I'm hoping she just talked to the tech and wasnt looking in your files....that would be terrible and she could get into HUGE trouble!

Be careful hon in case it is wrong, don't want you feeling disappointed it's a boy. :hugs: x

As a receptionist she should not be reading the Drs files and the Dr should not be disclosing *any* information to *anyone* .. even your family members about you. I work in a Drs office and that is strictly against HIPAA and could get her and the office in a lot of trouble.

I'm sorry you found out like this :( (But girls do rock!! :p )

I cant see why she would know the sex ? as they dont write it down when they tell you ? could she be guessing ?

omg well i hope she was looking at ur file n has got the info right cos u wud be diasspointed if its not correct info :? i wud have to find out now !! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->