Did the pulling/stretching/tugging feeling go early?

BethK

Reaction score
I'm only 5 weeks and yesterday I had really severe cramps while I was on the loo. They only lasted a minute but I could've passed out from the pain!

Today all my symptoms have gone, I don't even have the full uterus feeling or if I'm sat for a while and then suddenly stand I don't feel it pulling in my abdomen anymore.

Obviously this doesn't bode well for me :(

Hey Beth,

There were a few days where I didn't have any symptoms. But, they all came back a day or two later and were even stronger than before. I think if you are really worry, you can test again and see. I still tested once in a while just to give myself a peace of mind and reassurance that I needed. Also, once in a while I experienced the pinching sensation but not everyday...maybe every 3 days or something and didn't last long. As long as you are not bleeding, little one is still in there :)

Thanks ILT.

Problem is I've had MMC before with no bleeding, so the fact there's no bleeding doesn't make me feel any safer :(

The problem is the excruciating cramps I had yesterday and then suddenly today I could run a mile.

The cramps seriously had me doubled over and in so much pain, I've not felt that much pain since I had my DD! I knew there and then that It wasn't a good sign.

I've tested and its faint, even diluted.

Problem is if I call the clinic there's nothing they could do anyway.

Beth, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it won't be a MMC. Are you going to wait and test again later?

Unfortunately I don't have any more tests, I'm not going to spend any more money on it, it's cost us £8k already :(

I will just let the clinic know before I go in.

I understand what you mean. Take it easy for today and keep your feet warm. When is your u/s?

My US is in another 2 weeks, will see how it goes as to whether I cancel or not.

On my last MC I cancelled and just went straight to docs to book for d&c

Hi

Fingers crossed all is ok.

Cramping is normal and can come and go. I had lots of cramping last week and I have nothing at all this week. Only sore boobs. It's actually worrying me as I have no symptoms.

Wish we had a crystal ball

Thanks Kaye!

If it was just one thing then I wouldn't be worried, but it's so much all together.

The cramping to the point of passing out is obviously a big one, it's not continual cramps like AF, I know they're normal, this was intense and over after a couple of minutes.
Followed by a load of pinky grey mucus, more globs than any time before or since.
Followed by lack of symtoms, no pulling or stretching, no thirst, no hunger, no tight clothing, no sore boobs.
Then the hpt even when diluted is really light.

The most annoying thing is waiting, my body doesn't tend to miscarry on its own. I'll have to call the docs on Monday. The ivf clinic won't do anything until I'm 7 weeks

Don't lose hope! I have had two mmc and an ectopic. With my mmc the pain has never subsided in a minute or two. I had some cramping about 5+2 and I haven't had any pain since whatsoever, my symptoms vanished the following morning and I was really upset. I had a symptom free day or so, thinking I was waiting to miscarry, then suddenly my symptoms ramped up again and I'm now 6 weeks today.

Are you uk based?

I understand that you will be worried but it is important to stay positive. All the best!

Don't lose hope! I have had two mmc and an ectopic. With my mmc the pain has never subsided in a minute or two. I had some cramping about 5+2 and I haven't had any pain since whatsoever, my symptoms vanished the following morning and I was really upset. I had a symptom free day or so, thinking I was waiting to miscarry, then suddenly my symptoms ramped up again and I'm now 6 weeks today.

Are you uk based?

I understand that you will be worried but it is important to stay positive. All the best!

Thank you! I'm clinging onto the hope that if it was MMC then hopefully it was just the one, we had 2 embryos put in.

Yes I'm in UK

If you are in the uk the early pregnancy unit at your local hospital should see you. If you go and explain you have severe cramps, they will either do blood tests or a scan.

Thanks Loeyo, our local hospital does scans but don't have an EPU, I'll call the hospital in the next town but I'm only 5 weeks so they wouldn't see anything anyway

They could do you hcg at 48 hour intervals to check it is doubling properly. This is how I was treated with my first pregnancy, sadly it was bad news but at least I knew within 2 days!

Thank you, I'll give them a ring tomorrow

Thank you, unfortunately the bleeding has started today. The ivf clinic has said to call the doc tomorrow and get referred to the EPU for a scan on Friday.

Sorry to hear that. Hoping that it isn't bad news on Monday - I'm having a scan on Monday too, I'm between 5+4 and 6+2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->