• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Did you every feel like you were never going to get pregnant?

punkymom

Reaction score
Hi Ladies! :flower:

I hope you don't mind me posting here but I am feeling really alone and hoping I can get some encouragement.

Did you every feel like you were never going to get pregnant?
I mean like its hard for me to picture it.

I have had so many awful things happen in my life that its hard to picture my dreams coming true?
Did you ever feel that and then become pregnant?

Thank you! :hugs:

Yes! This is exactly me, I thought I would be the girl that would never get pregnant, never get to enjoy life's greatest joy. I thought I would never see the day where there would actually be two lines on a pregnancy test, but I did and when I did I couldn't believe it. I'm 10 weeks pregnant now and it still hasn't settled in, I still can't imagine my baby in my arms.

So hang in there hun, it will eventually happen even if you believe it never will. Good luck :)

For years. And years. 6 of them to be exact. So much so that I'm having a hard time connecting with this baby because I was just so convinced this would never happen. But it did and I'm almost 18 weeks, almost halfway there! Good luck to you hun.

thank you both so much!
It really means so much to me!
You have given me hope. <3

Yes. Then we quit trying and went with the flow and had fun, I then finally got my bfp.

it definitely feels like that sometimes hun, we tried for over two and a half years and I would sometimes stop and stare into our empty spare room and try and picture it with baby things....and couldn't. I really felt that we would have to change our plans for our future- one that no longer included our dream family.
When we started IVF, I thought it probably wouldn't work because I was so used to negative tests each month and being disappointed.
Low and behold we got pregnant first round.
I still don't believe it most of the time, and now the spare room is full of baby things I still stop and stare at it astounded that it's ready for a baby-our baby- in a few more months.
I hope you don't have to go as far as IVF but rest assured that even someone as pessimistic about ever conceiving as I was, can and did get pregnant.
Good luck!

OH, I was def. that girl. All my friends starting getting pregnant t very young ages. I have been in three different long term relationships all of which we never used BC and were incredibly stupid and in my current relationship we tried for Four YEARS!!! I am now 11 weeks pregnant and still can't believe it. We had quit trying. I thought so much so that I couldn't get pregnant I actually thought to myself as I was buying the pregnancy test, "I have no idea why I'm even getting this, there's no way I'm pregnant, I can't even get pregnant" Lol. Then when I peed on the stick and before I set it down it was positive (before the control line could even come up) I was like no frickin way! I was in shock for a few days. Honestly it still doesn't seem real. So, anyways, yes lots of us feel that way. All in all I would say I wasn't preventing pregnancy from 18 (which is incredibly stupid) to now which I'm 27. So, yes, you definitely can be the girl that thinks you can't get pregnant and then end up looking down at two lines!!!

Don't stop dreaming, miracles can and do happen :)

I tried for 7half years, 2 miscarriages (maybe more but on paper it's 2) surgery to flush out my system and 3 rounds of clomid but none of it worked. Suffered badly with PCOS and doctors told me I was pretty much infertile, so I figured the odds are stacked against me and it wasn't going to happen. Then last august I finally found the root of all my problems from a simple blood test - High prolactin!!! 5 months on medication to bring down my prolactin levels and telling my self I GIVE UP (even though deep down I new I could never actually give up) I got a BFP. I'm now 22 weeks pregnant with a little princess :)

Never give up hope. It will happen one day just relax and have fun with it. Try not to stress about it to much, easier said than done I know but it only makes it worse. Sending hugs and positives vibes your way.

My husband and I waited a while to try. We didn't want kids, but as I got older I changed my mind. It took him some time to grow into the idea. Once we (he lol) finally decided to try, it took us 8 cycles. With every negative test I thought, "We waited too long.". But, just before my 35th bday I got my BFP.

I struggled with some emotional lows. It's hard sometimes to think positively. But one thing's for sure- it can always be worse. (And even THEN, things can turn around. :))

No matter how rough life has been you can't just give up and think "nothing good ever happens to me. Why should this be any different?" It's not true! Bad things happen. But, good things happen too! Whichever one you hear is up to you. :)

Keep your chin up!

Always..Always.......Always....

I have PCOS..so this was a verrry big WHAT IF for us...i was put on Metformin and some good vitamin supplements...

and God is great... we decided to start trying finally in April and i started charting..difficult to do with irregular cycle..and boom...we conceived in first round..

If i can get lucky, everyone can :)

all the best...

Miracles can and Do happen.... never give up hope! Hope is sometimes the only thing you can cling to, but so long as you have that in your heart dreams do come true. BFP here after 13 years, procedures, surgeries, medication, 1 angel and now expecting miracle twins :cloud9:

Definitely felt like that before I got pregnant with my first. It took 3 years and two cycles of IVF to get pregnant and I was starting to give up home. I'm now pregnant again after only 5 cycles of TTC and we weren't even paying that much attention until the last two where I was checking when I ovulated.

WOW! Thank you ladies!
Congratulation to you all!

I can'y begin to tell you how much better you have made me feel.
All of your stories give me so much hope!

Thank you all for your stories! <3

I just had to stop and comment that this is such a beautiful thread! So happy and full of wonderful stories. Brightened my morning for sure! :thumbup:

I just thought I join in because at one point I was very hopeless in this department. In August of 2009 I was diagnosed with pcos and bilateral tubal obstruction(blocked fallopian tubes). If I had any hope it was gone at that moment.

Fast forward to May of this year I was put on metformin for type 2 diabetes and I conceived the first cycle. So anything can happen believe I don't know your religion or background but prayer and God's love has worked for me.

How you're feeling is a reflection of what you think you deserve. Obviously on some level, you don't feel that you deserve such amazing love and happiness that comes from creating, carrying and birthing a child. Work on loving yourself and believe that you deserve all the joys of this world and you'll see....wonderful things will start happening!

Never give up!!!
After 8 months of trying, and then 2 back to back miscarriages, and then another 9 months, I was very doubtful I would ever take home a baby, but here I am now and baby just kicked in agreement.
I know how hard it is to say those three words and believe them yourself, but it's the truth. And once you're pregnant don't you ever stop saying them.
You'll get your two lines and a beautiful healthy baby, and that moment will be amazing <3

Thank you so much everyone! I am going to start being kinder to myself and believing I DO deserve to get pregnant and have a H&H baby! :) <3

it took me and my husband a year and a half of ttc to finally conceive daughter #1 what an emotional roller coaster that was..we both really thought it was just not going to happen..at one point to myself I had given up hope and just moved on forgot about ttc etc...and then I got pregnant with daughter #1 and from my tickers you can see were just not stopping now LOL :) keep your head up and try not to stress about it ( I know easier said than done) it will happen for you hun tc:flower::hugs:

Yes this was how I felt a couple years ago.....It took me 4 years TTC and suffered two mmc's I then had my clomid rainbow baby boy who is now 2 and expecting our second clomid rainbow boy in November! I never thought I would get the chance to be a mum I do believe in miracles :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"