Did you get a push present?

mrs_park

Mummy to THREE BOYS!
Reaction score
Just wondering if you got one and ifso, what?

DH bought me a voucher for a half day full of pampering, massage, facial, mani and pedi! Once LO is old enough to cope for a few hours without his cow, I can't wait for some pampering!

I guess I'm lucky to get a push present when I didn't really 'push' :haha: (I had an emergency c sec)

No!
I 'pushed' and got a 3rd degree tear as a little bonus, and still no present!

I haven't let him forget either.......it's been nearly 6 months. I'd better get a good mothers day pressie!!!!!

Nope! We'll see what mothers day brings... Not expecting anything hough as my OH I'd useeless!

No present for me either...however I do have beauty voucher that Mil gave me for my birthday just before LO was born...the cynic in me thinks she gave me it so that I'd get her to babysit while I went for treatments.

yehhhh...flowers, chocs, a teddy for me so i didnt feel left out as zane got loads lol, necklace, CDs new clothes and shoes, my hair done spoilt rotten :)

i didnt even get a bunch of flowers...was really gutted about it for so long!dont know why!then got over it....but when we went away for my birthday i got a lovely necklace from tiffanys that was my 30th bday present from lo and oh and cos it was more than he had originally planned to spend, he then said it is your push present too!!! saldy i didnt want to say that it wasnt the actual present that mattered, more the thought at the time! but i guess in a round about kinda way, i did get one!

nope.and i didnt feel there was a need for me to get a prezzie

I got some flowers which the hospital confiscated. :cry: I was in my own room at the far end of the ward so I didn't see why I couldn't have them. The hospital was 2.5 hours from home so I was alone pretty much all day every day for 5 days. Can't believe they took my only gift away! They said flowers and balloons were forbidden as an infection risk. Why aren't cards, teddies, chocolates and clothes an infection risk. :shrug:

With my first I got a bunch of flowers from hubby, but really they were from my mum and dad! After my second, my hubby gave me a photobook he had made full of pictures of me and my son. It was so lovely x

A Marc Jacobs bag and he got me flowers and a card too. But the thing I loved the most was a KFC!! Never been so hungry and I only had a 2 hour labour

No present here. DH did cook me my favourite meal (pasta with spinach and blue cheese sauce) the night I got back from hospital. Which was thoroughly enjoyed after three days of hospital food and nine months of no blue cheese!

yep i got 500 to spend on clothes a big bunch of flowers and loads of ballons in the house when i got home my hair done and a enternity ring ill try find a picture x

I got sod all! No flowers, no card, no balloon, no banners up at home, no present. Oh believe me, I haven't let him forget it! I want double this time or there will be trouble!

I don't refer to it as a push present, because in my family it's tradition to buy something for your children when they have their first child, so my mum was going to buy me a piece of jewellery to mark the occasion, but not with subsequent children.

But for some reason my mum totally forgot about it, and I buoght myself something instead :) I bought an eternity ring to wear with my wedding and e-rings. The eternity ring is diamond and emerald; diamond because my LO was born in April and emerald because she was due to be born in May, and those are the birthstones for those months. I only recently realised that that ring is very unique to my little girl, and for that reason I'll have to buy myself another eternity ring when I have another child.

:rolleyes: Oh, the chore...

I'd never heard of a pushing present until i read about it on BnB! Mentioned it jokingly to my OH when in hospital & on the way home, he stopped off at Sainsburys and bought me a bunch of flowers (last of the old romantics.... lol!).

my OH got me flowers and chocolates, and his sister got me chocolates and a teddy, my mum got me a bottle of marc jacobs perfume (total surprise!) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->