Did you get a push present?

My friends got me a £50 topshop voucher, champagne, some nice moisturiser and nice bubble bath :) My OH offered to pay for a day at a spa but I couldn't imagine anything more boring :haha: He got me tickets to see MF Doom instead.

Never heard of such a thing. I got a baby for my trouble :haha:

Not really... but he did got to Costco when we got home and bought me a Massive bar of galaxy chocolate and food to last us a week... which is good for him! He never food shops lol :D

Never even heard of a push present before I opened this thread!

Nope, I knew he wouldn't get me anything though he is pretty useless!! :sad2:

I'm planning to buy myself a push present/ Mother's Day combo. I've decided that between the birth an the newborn stuff, mommy deserves a sparkly pair of diamond stud earrings! I never splurge on myself and know DH would never think of this on his own. I'm also justifying it because I need/ want earrings that my little guy won't be able to grab.

DH did buy me a milkshake while the nurses transferred me into recovery. It was very thoughtful since I couldn't have sweets my entire pregnancy. A girlfriend also gave me a pretty necklace made of my son's birthstone. Very sweet!

My husband bought me a beautiful necklace that had a mother and baby pendant on it. I lost it a few weeks ago. :cry:

I got..

-my beautiful baby,
-a star necklace off my mum cos i was a star in labour...she was expecting me to be like a wailing banshee but apparently i got through it like a marine :haha: I am still wearing it now.
-a bunch of flowers

the OH got a "I-wasn't-the-one-pushing-but-i-pushed-aswell-and-nearly-pooped" present off my mum, a big "Best Dad" mug and coaster, he was made up!

Emma was all I needed. :cloud9: I don't think push presents are that popular here. I've never known anyone to get one anyways. I never pushed anyways. Emma wanted to come out the sunroof instead.

Emma was all I needed. :cloud9: I don't think push presents are that popular here. I've never known anyone to get one anyways. I never pushed anyways. Emma wanted to come out the sunroof instead.

:rofl: Cute! lol

Haley was mine too:flower:

My oh bought me a beautiful bracelet but i had it the day before because i was in sooooooo much pain and he wanted to try and cheer me up =) whiich it did for about 10 minutes until the next contraction came.

<3

I feel bad so many people said they're baby was they're present! I hope starting this post didnt make me sound shallow!

Of course LO was all I wanted/needed :cloud9:

But if DH wants to buy me a present I'm not gonna stop him :haha:

I was very well looked after by my family and friends too :)

I got a baby too :D!

and a chinese when i got home lol. And pampered for a while :)

I didn't get a present. However my OH did spend a day clearing up the birthing pool which had been in our kitchen as well as the rest of the house which had got pretty messy after a 2 day labour. I don't think he had ever done as much cleaning before in his life!

after 8 long years of trying for a baby... Im happy to say savannah was my push present i wouldnt want anything else to be honest. Unless oh could magically get my step dad back to life lol.

I feel bad so many people said they're baby was they're present! I hope starting this post didnt make me sound shallow!

Of course LO was all I wanted/needed :cloud9:

But if DH wants to buy me a present I'm not gonna stop him :haha:

I was very well looked after by my family and friends too :)

your not shallow!!...alfie ofcourse was the bestes present i could ever have but now every time i look at my bracelet it just reminds me iykwim...if alfie has a daughter id like to think i could pass it down to her =) or if he doesnt have kids or whatever i could give it him anyway as a keepsake for when im gone :shock: how morbid am i lol

<3

I hadn't heard of push presents before reading about it on babyandbump, mentioned it to OH and he bought me the nicest chocolates ever the day after the birth! He wanted to buy me flowers too but I said I'd rather have more chocolates hehe.

Though I guess baby was a pretty nice present too but birth fluids don't make good wrapping paper.

I got 2... and felt so guilty about it.

About 2 months before Fin was due my laptop packed up and I mentioned a few times that I wanted a laptop as a pushing present. I figured he'd have no idea about pushing presents and so dropped a LOT of hints about expecting one and wanting it to be a laptop. Ian took me down to the shop a month before Fin was due and got me my lovely white Sony Vaio...

... then when he came to collect me from the hospital he gave me this amazing Cannon EOS 500D camera as a complete surprise. Turns out he'd bought it MOTHS before and had it hidden in the house all that time while I was going on and on about a blooming laptop. I felt awful...

...but like he said, without the laptop I'd have nowhere to store all the photos from the new camera, and as I'm gonna be a SAHM he feels he should buy me things I need, like a laptop. Still feel bad though, I should have had more faith in him.

I got him a fancy drill... and we both got our amazing son xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"