Did you have a crib and moses basket? And did you use them both?

Shannyxox

Mummy to Riley
Reaction score
I have both and im a ftm and just wondering will i use them both :/ .. Did you find having both handy? I might keep the crib in my room, then have the moses basket down stairs? What did you do?xx

We bought both a crib and a Moses basket, we intend to keep one down stairs and one upstairs, I'm not fully decided on what's going where yet though lol! I think it'll be handy as I hated having to cart DD's Moses basket up and down everyday! Xx

I got both aswell .. Im having the crib in my room and the Moses basket downstairs.
I like the idea of the crib because you'll be able to see your bubba through the sides.

Same as the other ladies, I have both. Will use the moses basket downstairs during the day and when I take LO to the caravan. Crib permanently upstairs for nighttime
x

i have both, i have a moses basket and a katie crib. i am having the moses in my room, as it proves not to be the most sturdy of choices with an inquisitive toddler hanging on it, so the katie is going to be downstairs at its much stronger in that respect.

iam having moses bascket dowinstairs and cotbed in my room

We had both and used both...one downstairs for daytime naps and one upstairs for bedtime. Very handy not having to run up and down the stairs during the day. We also had the cotbed set up but she was so tiny in it that we didn't use it until she was about 4 or 5 months old.

Lx

We just got a moses basket, we live in a flat so I dont mind carrying it over to wherever we are at the time.

We had a moses basket until baby grew out of it (about 6 months old) then used the cot. We lived in a flat at the time so the moses basket was easily taken from room to room. This time we have a house so we are planning on having two moses baskets... one for upstairs, one for down. x

Moses Basket in lounge, Crib in bedroom. Partly because it's easier to have two & partly because I think baby should learn difference between day & night

We only had a Moses basket last time and our boy was so big he was out of it by 12 week, resulting in us having to force the cot into our bedroom and climb in it to get to our bed :dohh: so bought a crib this time. we plan to have Moses basket downstairs and stand it in crib at night for first few weeks. Then use the crib upstairs in our room

We've got a crib so far (and a cot in the nursery) but we are considering getting a moses basket too... so easy to have somewhere for baby to sleep downstairs and to take when we're out for the day, etc...

i havent thought about what im going to do for downstairs i think ill just have to bring the moses baskte up and down
im having a moses basket in our bedroom as there is no room for the cot so after about 3-4 months im planning on putting LO in its own room in the cot

Moses Basket in lounge, Crib in bedroom. Partly because it's easier to have two & partly because I think baby should learn difference between day & night

I agree with this exactly, plus the fact that moses basket can easily be moved if your going somewhere or if someone else will be taking care of her for the day.

When we had H we had a crib in our bedroom for night time sleeps, then during the day just used the carrycot from the pram or the swing... the pram and swing were both on loan last time though and have now gone back to their owner for their 2nd baby, so I'm thinking I might get a moses basket for daytime naps and keep the crib upstairs for night sleeps.

Good to hear people have both and are using both - I've heard a lot of people saying they got a moses basket and never used it so I was kind of thinking it might be a waste of money, but I can see how it would be useful. I also agree that it hlps to distinguish between night and day if they have somewhere specifically for night sleeps, that really helped get into a routine with H.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->