• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Did you have a successful IUI? What were your numbers like?

Myshelsong

LTTTC Success Story
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Having gone through two IUI's so far, I feel like I need some sort of light at the end of the tunnel.
I know that many of us feel like our odds are not great due to male factor or even the sizes and numbers of follicles we are producing during our IUI cycle.

I was hoping some ladies who have become pregnant could give the details of the cycle for IUI that they became pregnant, so maybe we can get some encouragement along this frightening journey.

If you remember, please try to list the SA results, size of follicle and the number, how many IUI you did ect ...

Thank you all so much for taking the time. Baby dust to all

I would like to know this also.........bump!!!!!!

Hi! I did a natural-cycle IUI (no meds) on December 22. Because it was natural-cycle, there was no test to determine number of follicles. SA numbers - post-wash, 22.4 million; I don't remember the exact per centages but the high-motility was over 60%.

Hope that helps!

Oh and it was my second IUI that was successful - first one, the post-wash SA showed only 4.7 million so I was pretty sure it wasn't gonna work that time.

Hello! Yes, I've had a total of seven IUI's and two were successful. The first success was IUI #4 with clomid and I believe 3 follies but ended in MC somewhere between 6 & 8 weeks. The 2nd success was IUI #7 with Gonal F injections and one big fat healthy folly! I had a nice healthy pregnancy without any complications and a vaginal delivery and my son will be 2 in February. I went back to my RE this month for a SONO & some blood work to make sure nothing has changed and all looked good so I will begin the same injections after my next period. Now that we know what worked for me we're hoping for luck the first time around!

Thanks ladies. Jbro125 sorry about your loss but glad that you did end up with a bundle after all the heartbreak. Good luck on upcoming tries!

Glad to here some succes stories out there! Keep them coming if you can, it is great to here that it can happen. Especially when you are in the thick of it and feeling out before the tww.

Our 2nd IUI worked and we just found out last week.

Both IUI's were medicated, 50 mg clomid. First IUI I had 4 follicles (3 at 17mm and 1 at 19mm). E2 at trigger was 1134. DH's sample both times were great, but I don't remember them exactly. I remember they were high numbers and good motility. Second IUI I was actually disappointed to only have 2follicles, but I believe they were actually more "healthy". The sizes were 20mm and 23mm. E2 at trigger was just over 900. I'm still very early so hopeful for a healthy bean.

Good luck with your cycle and let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks ladies! It helps, like Myshel I am hong through this for the first time. You always wonderful about the unknown. So again, thanks! I really appreciate it.

Happy to share my details with you. My first IUI in August was successful and I'm expecting twins in May. :)

(Prior to my IUI, I did 3 Clomid cycles with timed intercourse because I wanted to try "on our own" before proceeding to the IUI. First timed intercourse cycle resulted in a BFP that ended in an early loss. Next 2 were BFN.)

IUI cycle:

- Took 50mg Clomid days 3-7
- Scan on CD11 showed 2 follicles on my right measuring 19mm and 17mm. Largest follicle on my left was only 10mm and doc didn't think it would mature in time. Lining was 7.3mm thick and triple-layered.
- Doc had me trigger with Ovidrel that night (CD11)
- IUI was performed 39/40 hours after I took the trigger shot
- Per the doc's instructions, we BDed on the night I took the trigger, skipped the next day between the trigger and the IUI and then resumed BDing the evening of the IUI and the next night just in case. (I'm pretty sure it was the IUI that did it for us, but we wanted to cover our bases.)
- Hubby's washed sperm count according to the doc was "astronomically high" at 254 million
- The procedure itself went pretty well. Painless at the time, but significant cramping that evening (8 or more hours later)
- Very few early pregnancy symptoms, other than constipation and associated bowel cramps that began at 10/11dpiui and continued for weeks
- Held off on testing until 12dpiui and saw a BFP on FRER!!!
- First beta (17dpiui) = 742. Second beta (19dpiui) = 1633
- First ultrasound - TWINS!!! :) :) :)

Good luck to you, Myshelsong, Mommieh25 and all others doing an IUI!

Happy to share my details with you. My first IUI in August was successful and I'm expecting twins in May. :)

(Prior to my IUI, I did 3 Clomid cycles with timed intercourse because I wanted to try "on our own" before proceeding to the IUI. First timed intercourse cycle resulted in a BFP that ended in an early loss. Next 2 were BFN.)

IUI cycle:

- Took 50mg Clomid days 3-7
- Scan on CD11 showed 2 follicles on my right measuring 19mm and 17mm. Largest follicle on my left was only 10mm and doc didn't think it would mature in time. Lining was 7.3mm thick and triple-layered.
- Doc had me trigger with Ovidrel that night (CD11)
- IUI was performed 39/40 hours after I took the trigger shot
- Per the doc's instructions, we BDed on the night I took the trigger, skipped the next day between the trigger and the IUI and then resumed BDing the evening of the IUI and the next night just in case. (I'm pretty sure it was the IUI that did it for us, but we wanted to cover our bases.)
- Hubby's washed sperm count according to the doc was "astronomically high" at 254 million
- The procedure itself went pretty well. Painless at the time, but significant cramping that evening (8 or more hours later)
- Very few early pregnancy symptoms, other than constipation and associated bowel cramps that began at 10/11dpiui and continued for weeks
- Held off on testing until 12dpiui and saw a BFP on FRER!!!
- First beta (17dpiui) = 742. Second beta (19dpiui) = 1633
- First ultrasound - TWINS!!! :) :) :)

Good luck to you, Myshelsong, Mommieh25 and all others doing an IUI!

This really encouraged me! I went for scan today and had a lot on my left side and he couldn't see a lot on my right. But I trigger on Friday........so let the two games begin!

That is an amazing was no wonder you got both eggs fertilized!
Has anyone had sucess with lower numbers I wonder....?

That is an amazing was no wonder you got both eggs fertilized!
Has anyone had sucess with lower numbers I wonder....?

People definitely have success with numbers that are good, average and even below average or poor!!! You don't need "astronomical" counts to succeed with an IUI. I actually did a lot of reading on this very issue and research shows that there's diminishing returns with sperm counts and that "excellent" sperm counts don't actually have notably better results than "good" counts.

Confession time: As soon as we began fertility testing, our clinic always made SUCH a big deal about my hubby's sperm counts being so great that it made me feel really bad. I had always suspected I was the weak link (even though our infertility was "unexplained") but I hated hearing from them all the time that he was definitely NOT the problem. It all seems kinda petty now in hindsight.

Good luck with your IUI!!! And don't worry too much about sperm counts. Remember that they're bringing ALL the good sperm right to where they need to be, right when they need to be there. I have my fingers crossed for you, Myshelsong!

Mommieh25 said:
This really encouraged me! I went for scan today and had a lot on my left side and he couldn't see a lot on my right. But I trigger on Friday........so let the two games begin!

Good luck Mommieh25!!!! Don't get too focused on the numbers... says the lady who took notes like a recording secretary at every single appointment. ;) I remember being so worried about my lining being too thin and wondering whether there were enough follicles and if my doc was having me trigger too early. Just trust the process. I REALLY hope this is your month! Good luck!

Glad that we are seeing the support and positive experiences!
Thank you all so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"