did you?

klouise1993

Reaction score
My midwife has given me loads and loads of information and obviously asked me questions but I was just wondering as she asked me if I want to take antenatal classes are you considering them as I think they'll be really good for us but my oh isn't keen? Xx

I never did any antenatal classes with my first, and doubt il go to any in this pregnancy. However, everyone is different and if you think it would benefit you then go for it. I don't think your OH has to come if he isn't up for it? If your having someone else with OH in the room during labor, maybe bring them. Or just bring a friend or go alone. I'm sure they are beneficial but I just never felt the need to go :) xx

I did them with my first I found it useful in terms of information on breastfeeding and info on policies at my hospital such as when partners can/can't stay, how long to expect being in for, when to contact hospital etc, what pain relief is available and info on side effects etc. They also covered things like bathing/dressing baby which I didn't need but there were a few dads there who had never held a newborn and they had a giggle putting nappies etc on the doll :)
Ps my oh didn't come to any as they were in working hours but honestly he didn't need to

I didn't with any of my previous two as I didn't see the point. This time round I plan on breastfeeding so will go to antenatal classes that talk about that :)

I went to one and thought it was boring tbh, didnt tell me anything i didnt already know x

I'm going to the nhs and nct one's, I want to make mummy friends and find out all my options etc.

I didn't go with my first pregnancy. Not through choice, but because my OH and I were not drivers at the time and the classes were too far away for public transport. This time we are definitely going. He was not great in my labour (because he had no clue what he was doing!) last time so I definitely want to do the partner's role in labour class and a breastfeeding class too.

I felt like I missed out not going last time and feel I would have felt a lot less stressed and panicky during labour if I had known more of what to expect and maybe things wouldn't have gone as pear shaped as they did.

I went in my sons pregnancy. It's good to meet other mums and it really helps build your confidence. I always found that how ever much you think you know you always find something you don't know. I was surprised by how helpful they actually were. I'm going to go this time round as well. It's been a long time (9 years) since I've had a baby and could do with a refresher course. Plus it's always such a giggle watching the dads trying to put nappies on the dolls! Lol

I went with my 1st (they only do the NHS ones for 1st babies here), mainly because I just wanted to experience everything as I'd been looking forward to pregnancy for so long. I knew most of the stuff we were taught but there was some very useful info such as my hospitals policies on when your partner could stay if you were induced and once you'd had LO if LO was born outside visiting hours, policies in different situations and where you'd stay etc. It was useful for my DH too as he didn't know so much, like he didn't know when you were classed as in active labour and thought we'd head to hospital as soon as I started getting contractions :haha:.

I've been for all 3 pregnancies and plan on going for this one too. Mostly for the social side of meeting new people and building a group of friends who are going through what you are, but there is always something to learn!

I went to the NHS one with DD, found it a bit of a waste of time tbh - they didn't tell you anything you couldn't have read in the book they give you or read online and in my case they held it in a different hospital to where I had to deliver (midwife led unit and I was high risk) so the hospital tour was irrelevant too. Then the midwife said that was the only session and it turned out there was a part 2 the following week which I ended up missing and there wasn't another one in time.

I have friends who have done the NCT ones but more to meet people. I don't think I'll bother at all this time, DH and I were ok last time and I don't feel a need to meet other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->