• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Diet change?

celestek89

Reaction score
Has anyone changed their diet to help with TTC or cut anything out? I've been thinking about cutting out coffee but I don't know whether I really need to!? My diet is very good, coffee is my one vice. Could caffeine stop me from falling pregnant? Also, when I was pregnant with DD I stopped eating tuna as I was told it has very high levels of mercury, which I have since found out is not always the case. Should I still cut it out of my diet anyway? Is there anything other than multivitamins that you are taking in order to help with conception? Like food wise etc?

Sorry about all of the questions, just super curious :kiss:

TIA xox

I wouldn't cut out caffeine all together as during pregnancy your allowed a certain amount unless of course you want to cut it all out your diet (I couldn't :haha: )anyway, I've not changed my diet although I've stopped the alcoholic drinks on a weekend and I'm taking the seven seas 'trying for a baby' vitamins. If you've already got a balanced diet I really wouldn't worry and I'm sure you'll be just fine :)

I'm terrified of cutting out coffee to be really honest lol I just really want to give myself the best chance, I'm getting impatient already lol I'm super tired all the time atm and it's the only thing keeping me going!

Thank you so much for replying!

I know the feeling, I'm not a coffee drinker I hate the stuff but I have an energy drink in a morning to give me a boost, and I know they say no red bull but lucozadevis ok during pregnancy, so I've started having a lucozade a day.

Xx

Caffeine will not prevent you from getting pregnant, unless you're drinking like, 2 pots of coffee per day or slamming energy drinks all day.

As long as you are eating healthy (plenty of lean meats and fish, and if you don't eat red meat maybe take an iron supplement, tons of veggies and fruit, whole grains) and avoiding simple carbs and sugar, your diet should not play a significant role in your fertility.

Also make sure to get plenty of exercise. I truly believe exercise is one of the best medicines out there.

Thanks ladies. Looks like I wont need to cut it out after all then, yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"