Diet coke...

Gallons and gallons of the stuff isn't going to be good to you but the overwhelming majority of research says that there will be no harm to you or your unborn child if you are drinking a couple of cans a day. The scare stories and research have been debunked countless times.

I agree Shinona. Almost all processed foods will contain some ingredient or other which has been linked to something or other. The only way to avoid it would be to cook everything from scratch yourself. For me this just isn't possible and besides, I'm not going to deny myself a few treats. Everything in moderation in my opinion.

I drink Coke Zero.. I used to drink regular Coke but when I started losing weight I switched. I now can't drink the regular stuff, it's too sugary.

I usually stick to one can a day, occasionally two. I won't be changing that because of something I've read on the internet. I'm open to a lot of things and I'm aware how much info is kept quiet from the general public, but I just don't believe that me having a can of Coke Zero a day is going to give my child cancer.

As PP said, everything in moderation.

I personally think you can go too far looking into the evils of food. In the past I did an special diet to try and improve my health problems. It was incredible how every food you can imagine, be it natural or processed has bad press about it. It got to the point I didn't know what to eat, and got very thin, my blood results also showed much worse health.

My opinion is, have a bit of everything, except if your doctor has told you something else. You can always find evidence on google, I would always check the sources of the research too. Moderation is the key, and obviously trying to eat as much healthy food and drink as possible!

I've not read all the replies but this in the information that my midwife gave me regarding caffeine as I am addicted to energy drinks!

Basically everything in moderation!

Attachments

• 1939667_10152068115602875_2139257420_n.jpg
    1939667_10152068115602875_2139257420_n.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 22
I don't buy all these ill health claims. If you plan on drinking 16,000 diet cokes in one day...then maybe.

https://greatist.com/health/are-artificial-sweeteners-really-going-kill-me

The FDA studies artificial sweeteners more than any other substance.

Gallons and gallons of the stuff isn't going to be good to you but the overwhelming majority of research says that there will be no harm to you or your unborn child if you are drinking a couple of cans a day. The scare stories and research have been debunked countless times.

I agree.

Great, now I'm going to spend the rest of my life worrying that my children are goign to develop cancer since I drank at least 1-2 cans of diet drink every day during my pregnancies. :/

I wouldn't worry too much, there are chemicals in so many foods and drinks that we have all been blissfully eating for years. It is also very difficult for studies to prove a clear cause and effect on these types of things, they are not a clear cut if you do this you will get that. For example, we all know that smoking causes cancer but there are thousands and thousands of people that smoke 40 a day all their lives and don't get cancer. Biology just isn't that simple.
Just enjoy what you want to enjoy (within sensible realms obviously) and don't stress. Because stress is linked to cancer just as much you know! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->