Diet Pepsi during pregnancy

pumpkin90

Reaction score
I've heard that drinking aspartame during pregnancy is not good as it causes hormonal abnormalities when the kit hits puberty as well as it can cause growth complications.. I've already decided to cut it.. But I used to drink lots of diet Pepsi... So cutting it completely will be hell. I think I'm sort of addicted to the carbonation, ya know? Any healthier fizzy drinks that will hit the spot? And not cause any potential harm to baby? Not pregnant yet... But hopefully will be soon

During pregnancy you are supposed to cut out most caffeine as well. You are generally allowed to have about one 12oz cup of coffee or 200mg of caffein a day. So it's not just the aspartame to be concerned about. I have really cut back on caffeine since I find out a week and a half ago that I was pregnant. I drink a lot of sprite because it's caffein free, and water too as your are supposed too. It's really not as hard as it seems when you know the outcome is for something so wonderful. In the last week and a half I may have had two cups of tea total. I take sips if it's the only thing to drink at the time.

Good luck and hope this helps.

As someone who is NOT a First Time Mom I am not nearly as concerned as others will be. My OB and I have had some lovely chats, she told me not to worry about my coffee or soda. I mean you dont want to drink coffee and soda all day every day but generally it's fine. Also you shouldn't drink diet soda for a crap ton of reasons, aspartame is pretty much the devil period.

Cut out the diet sodas, change to regular and cut down if neede d but dont feel the need to eliminate totally

Aspartame is actually poison. I didn't know this until a coworker literally took my mints, and threw them in the trash and told me she was saving my life. I did my research on how it was invented and how it became legal. Very alarming. I'm guilty of still having a sip here and there, and chewing gum, but I definitely would not while preggo. No judgment either way, but look it up and decide for yourself.. Maybe Try sparkling flavored water instead. I haven't done research on Stevia, maybe that is a better sugar alternative. Not sure tho
Big Hugs!! Hope this helps :)

its an aquired taste to soda drinkers but if you just love the carbonation drink flavored sparkling water, the kind with just three ingredients or drink just plain sparkling water. they are all really good after you get used to them. because there is no salt or sweetener people think they are gross at first but so refreshing once you get used to it.

Thanks guys :) I'll do some research. I obviously want to do whatever is best while pregnant. But realistically, I'm sure I'll cave occasionally.. But I'm def going to cut down a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->