Dieting - when?

MidnightSun

Reaction score
I only gave birth 9 days ago, but am already finding myself thinking about dieting!

I put on roughly 5lb in pregnancy as I was a little overweight to begin with (uk size 16) so I guess I should be thankful that I didn't put on 4 stone as I do put weight on easily.

So my question is how soon can I start something? I would like to join ww but don't mind doing it at home if they won't let me join till a certain point post partum.

Congratulations on the arrival of your little one omg she is absolutely adorable!!! I think just when you feel ready really, I started really healthy eating and exercising after four weeks but I think most people advise and wait until Thier 6 week check up before excercising but I felt fine so I just got on with it and id had a c section but iv had no problems :)

Main question is are you breast feeding? If so need eat right amount of calories but eating healthier can sstart whenever is wait till 6wk till exercise.

Are your food habits a problem? That would be a good start, to bring healthy foods into your diet. Swap unhealthy stuff for healthier stuff, eg swap walkers crisps for quavers or snack a jacks. Just little changes like that can make a difference.

Then once you feel comfortable and ready, you could bring in a fitness dvd or something?

On a side note, your LO is gorgeous :flower:

A lot of my problem is that I know exactly what I should be doing, I buy healthy foods, never buy chocolate or biscuits etc

I just have too many 'sod it' moments when out or at other people's houses!

I started doing ww on Saturday and have stuck to it so far, I am determined this time!

I always used to me lovely and slim, a size 10 to 12 it was only when I was made redundant and suffered some nasty health problems thatt weight gradually crept up. The other problem is that I carry the weight very well, so don't look like a huge blob lol

Anyway thanks for the support, will update you on Saturday morning with a couple of pound loss I hope! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"