Difference b/w spotting & period

grover

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is how FF differentiate spotting & period,

"Your chart starts on the first day of your period. This is the first day that you have red flow (not spotting). This is cycle day one. When you enter "menses" on the data entry page, a new chart will be started for you. If you start charting mid-cycle, make sure your chart still reflects cycle day one as the first day of your period so that your cycle statistics will not be skewed. In this case, you can go back and enter "menses" on the date your period started and cycle day one will be that day. If your period arrives in the night or late in the evening, you can record it for the following day. "

Do you treat day 1 of your period when you get full flow - red blood? What happens if you get some red flow intermittently through the day? Should this be day 1 or still spotting?

I read that you should chart the first day of your cycle as your heavy flow not spotting, so just say you spotted today but had full flow tomorrow then chart tomorrow as your first day of cycle..

Hop this helps..

I just spoke to a nurse as well, and she said that you need to bleed properly for a full day (heavy flow), and that should be treated as Day 1.

I'm so glad people post replies so quickly in this forum. Thanks!!

Its great here, everyone gives you so much support..:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->