Different BBT thermometers - different opinions in temps??

SBBaby

Reaction score
Ugh! My BBT Thermometer went bad on me RIGHT as I was expecting to see my temp spike! I couldn't read the numbers yesterday but it looked like 97.95 which was beautiful for confirming ovulation. I went out yesterday and got a new one. Just temp'd and it said 97.17 which is a huge dive! Do different thermometers read differently? What is a girl to do?

Is it a different brand? I've in an emergency used my regular thermometer. It tends to read higher and obviously one less place value, but for one temp it is fine. I haven't noticed a difference when buying the same brand. My puppy is a puppy and a Rottie mix so she chews anything she gets her hands on, and at 10 months and closing in on 40lbs that something is destroyed after 2 seconds. So I have had many BBTs broken and had to replace them. But I always buy the same brand. When you say confirming O, is it because you already had two days of high temps? If you've had three days of high post O temps, a single dip is natural or sometimes things happen. I honestly always get a dip around 4dpo then it pops back up.

Thank you so much for your reply Dobby. it is a different brand. The one that broke I only used for one cycle! ... it was one I got on amazon. So I rushed out yesterday and got one from CVS. I'll attach my chart. It looks kinda psychotic now. So no, I did not have days of high temps. But I am on CD 20 (out of 30) and had every physical symptom of OV the passed few days and had a solid smile on Sunday on my CB OPK. So the temp spike yesterday seemed right. Then today's new thermometer temp took it wayyy down. Ugh!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5aba82

We're twin! I got my solid on Sunday and I use the cvs bbt. It does read low compared to the other thermometers in my house, so it could be the reason. But just keep telling and look for patterns from here on out. Everyone's body reacts different to the surge. Some O that day some O up to 48 hours after the surge ends. FF friend said I could O anywhere from Sunday to today! I ended up Oing that night though. I'll look at your chart. Make sure you put in the notes you bought a new thermometer

Honestly, I would say you are going to O today based on those temps and your OPK. Your body might have geared up for it then not. I had a similar dip then rise then fall. In order to confirm O, you need a .4 rise and to stay that high or keep rising for 3 days to confirm O. You should put your ops results in. It will help ff detect O. And symptom spotting for O is useless lol. I get cramps before, during, after, and related to O. Trust your temps, not your body. Lol hormones UGH they like to mess with our heads

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->