Different Body Odor?

ash211

Expecting Baby #4
Reaction score
This is going to sound weird and maybe gross, but has anyone noticed that they have a different body odor since pregnant? This is my third pregnancy and I've never experienced this in the other two. I use the same deodorant as I've always used that has always worked well for me. Now, half way through the day it's like it's worn off. I don't know if I should be trying a new deodorant?

I really hope someone else has dealt with this and i'm not just going crazy lol

When I got pregnant, I switched to a natural deodorant (I was using a deodorant only before, not antiperspirant). My smell went from normal BO to NASTY...i was having to apply natural deod like 3-4 times a day and when it wore off the smell was HORRIBLE, like not my normal BO. I went back to my old conventional deodorant (still not antiperspirant) and I think I smell LESS than before. Don't know if hormones or what.

since you haven't changed anything, I think your sense of smell may be what has changed...

I never had this until after I gave birth to my first and when I told my best friend who also has a son she was like "thank god it's not just me!" :haha: so that did make me feel a bit better it wasn't just me! Haha think it's something to do with a change in hormones or something? I dunno but it really bothered me so much! I felt disgusting :dohh: I did a fair bit of googling in the end :haha: and it might sound weird but I found that washing underarms with freshly squeezed lemon juice worked so well! I only need to do it once ever few months now, as well as normal washing obviously! :haha: that and whenever the day is done I always make sure to wash off my deodorant because leaving it on your skin overnight and then putting more on in the morning blocks pores or something and just ends up making you smell bad haha , hope you find something that works :flower:

Yep- I hear ya :) I get halfway through my day and need to bang on more deodorant-sometimes 3 times a day. Its defo hormones IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->