Different brand OPK's giving different result. UPDATE getting lighter.

Celesse

Reaction score
Today I've done 2 different opk's and got different results.

The first test I did this morning was a cheapie OPK (third test from top). This was about 9:30am with 3rd or 4th pee of the day- It looks positive or close to positive. The second test was the midstream OPK (second test from top) at about 11:00am, which looks negative or possibly transitional.

Also in the picture is yesterday's cheapie OPK for comparison (bottom in the picture) - negative. The top test is today's HPT which shows a very very faint positive as I'm currently CD 26 following a miscarriage.

Any insight? Which test is right? Re-test, and if so when?

DTD yesterday evening and 48hrs before that.

Attachments

• IMAG3954.jpg
    IMAG3954.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 10
Hmm I'm sorry but this all actually seems ok - I would take out the hpt and let's start with the opk's...do you know if you ovulated this month yet or are you testing for that? I'm somewhat confused about whether you are testing for ovulation or pregnancy b/c you took both tests but I'm guessing ovulation...so

I would say your OPK's both 2nd from bottom & 3rd from bottom show that you are very close to ovulation so I would BD :sex: tonight & tomorrow & keep testing - you will likely have a +opk later tonight or by tomorrow morning. I do not think it's positive yet. This makes sense why they are darker than yesterdays as they get darker every day.

Not sure about the hpt as it might show faint positive still from your miscarriage right? [sorry to hear about that on a side note :hug:]

My temps haven't gone up yet so I don't think I've ovulated yet. I've also not got as much cm as I'd expect for ovulation yet, though cervix is soft and open.

What confused me was the OPK's got darker this morning and then got lighter a couple of hours later on a different brand, even though that brand is meant to be more sensitive. Maybe its a lesson in not mixing brands!

The faint positive on the HPT is still from the miscarriage as it hasn't completely gone away. I know that OPK's can pick up hCG, but I'm guessing at that faint they won't interfere with a positive OPK especially when I'm tracking the line's progression. I just popped it in the picture for reference and to show its not the hCG messing with the OPK results.

That makes sense, trust me I use 3 different types of opks some months haha, I can't resist trying everything on the market. I got a blazing + on my wondfo my first month ttc and a total negative on the clearblue one 5 hours later when I tested...:shrug:

It's so hard to compare two diff brand tests [esp used w/ diff urine] but I think yours both look close enough to positive that you can expect good things soon...Good luck! :thumbup:

So now tests on same brand are getting lighter. Picture is OPK's in order.
1- Yesterday am
2- Yesterday lunch-ish but with super concentrated urine
3- This morning 9:30am
4- Mid stream test 11:00am this morning.
5- About 30mins ago.

I'm wondering if I've missed the surge and missed getting a positive OPK and that it happened sometime between test 2 and 3. There must have been 20hour between those tests.

I do recall when I got pregnant with DS I was doing OPK's and I never for a proper positive, just an almost positive followed by ovulation pain.

Guess the plan is the same either way, send the kids to bed, cook OH a nice dinner and be nice! Then hopefully temp tomorrow will show whats going on.

Attachments

• IMAG3955.jpg
    IMAG3955.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583