Different period than usual?

Millhaven

Cautiously expecting #02
Reaction score
I'm approx 12 DPO (normal cycle for me is approx. 28 days) and my period showed up today. :cry:

I've taken several HPT and even though I thought I could see something very very faint if I tilted my head and/or tweaked the photos, they seem to be BFN. Yesterday's and today's test where very blank.

The period arrived on the day it should arrive - very punctual. My temp even dropped (but I'm not sure how reliable that would be because I slept very bad and took the temp 1,5 hours before normal time - two days in a row).

My chart

But this period is very different than usual and I've never experienced something like this before.

- It started with very light pink spotting on paper. Only once. Nothing more. I never have spotting.
- I had cramping for like a week before it was due. I only have cramping a day or two before due date.
- I don't have any cramping or pain now. I'm usually in pain for the first two days of the period.
- I'm still on the first day, but it's light. I normally have medium flow even on day 1.
- It's pink/bright red. It's usually deep red.
- It's thin/watery and a bit slimy/stringy. Like when the cervical mucus is like egg white. But this is a period. I never experienced that before.

What's this?

Anyone else had a period like this? Or is it something else?

Today is day two and it’s still much lighter than usual. I have a menstruation cup so I can clearly notice amount and such.

I also noticed some yellow cm in the cup. :wacko: I can get this when then period is over and everything returns to normal.

This period is so strange. Is it even a period? I don’t have any pain/cramping.

Will definietly test again in a couple of days just to make sure...

I am honestly not sure but I hope that you figure it out! <3

I am honestly not sure but I hope that you figure it out! <3

Thank you. :flower:

Still day 2, and now I can wear a panty liner because it’s so light. That’s so odd. My periods usually last at least 4 days...

I had a very similar AF to what your describing a 2 months or so ago . Mine arrived a few days early though so I was like damn what the hell !

It was full blown after 2 days. Slightly longer AF that month too which was also
Annoying .

Hope you figure it out and good luck x

I had a very similar AF to what your describing a 2 months or so ago . Mine arrived a few days early though so I was like damn what the hell !

It was full blown after 2 days. Slightly longer AF that month too which was also
Annoying .

Hope you figure it out and good luck x

Thank you for your reply. :)

Today on day 3 it&#8217;s practically gone except for some very small amount of brown spotting while wiping or on panty liner. But it&#8217;s not all the time and I just woke up, so might be some &#8221;leftovers&#8221;.

I forgot to take another HPT with FMU this morning, though. I&#8217;m approx 14 DPO.

Good luck on your next test hope you get a positive !

Thank you.

Took a FMU test today. Approx. 15 DPO. It was blank, so my body is just being cruel this cycle.

(Took a OPK as well because I wanted to.)

Attachments

• 8A17ECC1-B0F5-43A0-992D-36751909E6DA.jpg
    8A17ECC1-B0F5-43A0-992D-36751909E6DA.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 5
Hi mama!
I'm going through the EXACT same thing right now :wacko:
Period showed up on time, mind you I also had cramping a week before. I took a test and had a faint line and then took another the next day and received a bfn.
I went into the Dr for a UTI (peeing a lot more than usual.. every 5 mins my bladder was full) they did a urine test and it came back negative. I was sent for blood work and that also came back as a 1. *negative*
I'm still unsure of what's going on but I definitely feel as if I am pregnant.
Hang in there, take another test in a few days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->