different pregnancy, different gender?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Mii, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Mii

Mii Well-Known Member

For those who are mommies to more then one baby and both genders were your pregnancies different ? Or the same?

This second pregnancy is alot different and im hoping for one of each but one of my moms friends thought her second was going to be a girl because of how different her pregnancies were buth she ended up with another boy lol so im just curious :)

2. Baby_Dust

Baby_Dust Mummy

My pregnancies have been different
    Girl: sick, craved tomatoes and fruit, exhausted
    Boy: nauseous, craved meat and salt and vinegar, tired not exhausted

What are the differences in yours :flower:

3. CantWaitToTTC

CantWaitToTTC Well-Known Member

So far both of mine are different, so I was hoping for a girl second time round, but my sister had two very different pregnancies and had two girls :(

4. Mii

Mii Well-Known Member

Well with my first I only had nausea a handful of times and it was only if I smelt something bad(that was it lol no other symptoms). With this one I had morning sickness for the first 3 months, I got headaches every day (still do every few days) , my boobs grew two cup sizes already and are always sore/tender. Lol my hormones have also been all over the place this time and im tired all the time.

5. Louise88

Louise88 Dd- ciara and ds- James

My pregnancies have been different;

With my daughter I had morning sickness (or should I say night time sickness) carried high and craved cake

This pregnancy I'm expecting a boy and I've have no sickness what so ever, carrying low, heartburn isn't as bad this time round and I'm craving tomatoes lol

6. happigail

happigail Mummy to Kitty and Ashy.

Girl 1: sick beyond 20 weeks, not tired, craved sweets, carried out front.

Girl 2 (well 85% sure from scan): sick until 14 weeks, exhaustion, craved soups, stews and salty stuff.

Really very different pregnancies!

7. Mrs Doddy

Mrs Doddy 1 pink 1 blue

I was wondering this - this pregnancy has been much the same so far so thinking it might be another girl - find out in a week and a half !

8. live in hope

live in hope pregnant, lovely jubley.

I have a 14 month girl, my pregnancy is very different this time and we are having a boy. Xx

9. britt1986

britt1986 Well-Known Member

1st pregnancy - Boy.....only nausea for 3 weeks, was a little tired, always wanted something salty, heartburn so bad.

2nd pregnancy - Girl.......hypermesis, very exhausted, want sweet stuff, not much appetite, carrying high, little heartburn.

10. Mommy2be20

Mommy2be20 Mom to Lyla & CJ <3

Interesting thread!
    DD - bump was high up, sick until 11wks mostly at night, craved sweets, horrid acne
    This baby boy - bump is low down, still sick at nearly 22wks morning and afternoon, craving anything with ground beef, clear face and awful heartburn
    :flower:

11. puggyflump

puggyflump Well-Known Member

No sorry

1st pregnancy girl - severe hyperemesis, sick 20+times a day up to and during c section. Craving sweet things and citrus fruits,

This pregnancy (confirmed girl) - Sick once a day every morning, exhausted, craving crisps and rice (all savoury foods)

12. donnarobinson

donnarobinson Mommy Of 3 Boys

This pregnancy is completly different to my 1st , 1st was a boy and so is this one ! X

13. jammers77

jammers77 Mom to 3 boys

This pregnancy has been so different from both my others that every woman in my family thought I was having a girl. Carried high, craved sweet things instead of meats like I have with my two other sons, have had very mild heartburn. But this is my third son! haha

14. Mii

Mii Well-Known Member

Love hearing all of these seems like it really could go either way lol

15. StarlitHome

StarlitHome Tropigoth Mama to Two

With my daughter I had all-day queasiness from week 6 till week 14 or so. I only threw up a handful of times in the whole pregnancy, mostly from overfilling my shrunken tummy. I gained a ton of weight and was tired all.the.time. I craved spicy things and strawberries.
    With this pregnancy, a son, I had barely any morning sickness in the first trimester. I threw up every.single.morning. from 13 weeks till 17 weeks (plus a few times in the afternoons too). I have way more energy with this pregnancy too and I've hardly gained any weight. And my most common craving has been for Japanese food :) and chicken soup.

16. littlesteph

littlesteph expecting baby no:3

both my pregnancies have been different, with my first hardly any morning sickness just feeling sick, hair grew faster on my legs. with this one really bad morning sickness, normal hair growth, awful skin craved chocolate. my first was a boy and this one is also a boy.

17. Gemmamuk

Gemmamuk Well-Known Member

My two pregnancies have been vastly different, so I was convinced this time around I was having a girl, and even bought lots of pink. Had 2 dreams I gave birth to a girl who weighed 7lb 13oz.

Had scan yesterday......another boy lol!

18. Storm1jet2

Storm1jet2 Well-Known Member

Totally different pregnancy this time, lots more vomiting, less constipation, less acne, less heartburn, bump different shape, different cravings and its another girl LOL.

19. candyem

candyem Well-Known Member

My pregnancies are quite similar.

I had a bit more sickness the first time but equal amounts of nausea. I am more tired this time but have a toddler to chase. Both times I have craved cheese and savory foods.

People say I look different, but my bump looks almost identical to it did with my son.

I'm team yellow, so not much help but I think I am having another boy.

20. Lashes85

Lashes85 Mommy to FOUR boys <3

This pregnancy is different to my lads. I had so much energy with my boys, no sickness, craved full fat milk and junk food, hair was so dry. This time I had sickness from 5 - 17 weeks, constantly tired all the time, no appetite although now its starting to be sweet things, and my hair is so greasy. Xx