Difficult to stop wanting..

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
We've just a bit of a pregnancy 'scare' so I took a test and it came back negative.

We decided the day before I did the test that it would be best to come off the pill, just incase I was pregnant and for a bit of a break if I wasn't.

Now that I'm off the pill I'm broodier than ever! My boyfriend has also said that while I was on the pill he didn't really care about if he could *ahem* inside me, but now I'm off he really really wants to.. He says if I became pregnant he'd stick by me and love me and baby no matter what, but he doesn't think we could cope right now (or he doubts his ability as a father and for us to be able to provide everything for baby - moneywise etc).

We've now got jobs and our own house on the horizon, so I'm now getting into BROODY-broody mode as it seems everything is fitting into place.

BF says he'd probably want to wait to have a baby in about 2 years or something, but we've both talked about it and I think he's just scared.. Neither of us really enjoy going out to get pissed or anything, just like going out with our friends occasionally, or cooking at home and having people over... He says he wants to settle down, but at the same time wants to 'live' before having a baby. I just want to settle down and SETTLE down!! As I say we don't really go out properly, just things we could take baby to, or have people over more often... Meh.

Anyone else out there in a similar situation? I'm just feeling really broody, and the fact that the only protection we're using is something that could be stopped instantly makes me broodier. :hissy:

Just wanted to say i know exactly how you feel. I've stopped taking my pills this month as they changed the brand and they don't agree with me. Not sure if i wanna go back on the pill or not now. Someone had suggested to me previously that it was possibly the pill i was on that was causing me to feel the way i do but since i stopped taking them the feelings have been even stronger.

I hate using condoms at the best of times anyway but knowing that i could probably get pregnant if we just didn't use them....argh it drives me insane!! and they have a nasty habit of causing me to get water infections as well :(

If only our OHs were instantly ready for babies as soon as we are. I've also been told i have to wait 2 or 3 years or so. It seems like a lifetime! :hissy:

If only our OHs were instantly ready for babies as soon as we are. I've also been told i have to wait 2 or 3 years or so. It seems like a lifetime! :hissy:

Lol! I know!! I've tried encouraging my boyfriend to think about my POV, but no luck so far...

If we get our own house and get into a stable position money wise etc, maybe, just maybe he might reconsider! :D

Til then :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

Yeah, mine isn't taking my point of view or opinion into account at all. It's the most frustrating thing. *sigh*

I can kind of relate to how you feel. Back in early July I thought I was pregnant which actually made me warm up to the idea as up until that point I hadn't been wanting to ever have kids! Ever since then I just constantly feel broody and it's driving me crazy!

However, I know that now wouldn't be a good time to have kids and I want to be able to live a little before having one as I'm still quite young, 18 next month. I've been with my boyfriend for close to 2 years and we're both financially stable, so that wouldn't really be a huge problem, but I want to be able to be married first and after it just being us for a few years, try for a baby. Sadly though, none of that makes the broody feelings go away!

I actually 'forgot' a few pills on purpose because i wanted a baby that much. I know how bad that sounds.
Either way it didn't work out when i found out i was pregnant, if it wasnt for my M/C we had an abortion booked for a few days after that.

:(
It's not something i suggest doing really.. or rather, not something i will do again.
xx

I could never do that. That would probably break all the trust that my boyfriend has in me.

It is the wrong thing to do in terms of trust but if we're honest i'm sure sam isn't the only person to have done it. I know i've certainly thought about it.

I know how you feel!

I'm extremely broody. I just can't help it. I NEED A BABY LOL.

My OH is being a scaredy cat.

:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:

He also told me he wanted to wait 2-3 years...It hurts just thinking about waiting that long. :cry:

I could never do that. That would probably break all the trust that my boyfriend has in me.

Yeh you're right, which is why he doesn't know. My reasoning was that if we got pregnant then maybe he would want it. But he didn't, which is why i would have gone with the abortion even though i didn't want to.

I hope i havent sounded like a really bad person, i'm not. :(

In fact after a long talk last night he decided we would TTC next year when we get in our new house :happydance:

xx

Yay, glad you have it sorted. But then when my OH says stuff like....in 2 years we'll have this that and the other a little bit of my brain goes...so can't we start trying 9 months before we have all that stuff ready then.

OH said I was so desperate for a baby that I would misrepresent my fertile days. I told him I wouldn't. I thought about it though.

LoL!

I totally agree with everything you're all saying, it's nice to have some people to relate too! I just love talking about babies and what we can get etc etc, what we'll do etc etc, names and stuff... OH just freaks out and gets in a mood. :dohh:

I've considered missing pills but I could never do it. I've accidentally missed pills and not told him until ...afterwards, not really intentionally, but it did give me some pleasure to have scared him. Like hoping it would scare some damn sense into him and see a baby is the right thing!!!! :laugh2:

LoL!

I totally agree with everything you're all saying, it's nice to have some people to relate too! I just love talking about babies and what we can get etc etc, what we'll do etc etc, names and stuff... OH just freaks out and gets in a mood. :dohh:

I've considered missing pills but I could never do it. I've accidentally missed pills and not told him until ...afterwards, not really intentionally, but it did give me some pleasure to have scared him. Like hoping it would scare some damn sense into him and see a baby is the right thing!!!! :laugh2:

Me,tooooo!!!! OH thinks I only want a baby so I can go shopping. That is so not true...

...even though I already have shopping lists.

Everytime I mention coming of the pill my OH says in a couple of years (he's already been sayin it a couple of years!). He says he wants to start drag racing first - he's had the car about 4 years and its still in the same state as when he got it. I can see it never happening. I have also thought about 'forgetting' to take the pill but I couldn't do that to him (or the baby!). But I don't know how much longer I can stand this emptiness
x x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->