Dilating before EDD..

chuck

Reaction score
So I had a sweep today at 38 + 6 and was 1/2 cm dilated, 50% effaced and soft.

How common is it to be dilated a lil before you are due?

Not sure how common it is, but I was dilated to 3 cm from 35 weeks on. I had my first baby at 37.5 weeks and all was fine.

You are 39 weeks....so good for you. that's less dilating you have to worry about during labor...:)

I think its pretty common off what ive read on here.
Can start dilating at 36weeks, not give birth till ya duedate.

I think its quite common , my sister was 3cm dilated from 35 weeks had baby at 38 weeks xx

Don't forget though, its not just about dilating, its about effacing too :)

I never have been :( but most of my friends who have given birth have been dilated before due date. One who just had her LO at 39 weeks (induced) was 3cm at 37 weeks. Another was 2cm weeks before her EDD. I think it's quite common... from what I have heard anyways ;) I am always closed up good for some reason, everything happens for me all at once! My due date with my first my cervix was still firm and high and closed and 5 days later he was here :)

You are getting super close!!! Good luck with everything!!!

I never have been :( but most of my friends who have given birth have been dilated before due date. One who just had her LO at 39 weeks (induced) was 3cm at 37 weeks. Another was 2cm weeks before her EDD. I think it's quite common... from what I have heard anyways ;) I am always closed up good for some reason, everything happens for me all at once! My due date with my first my cervix was still firm and high and closed and 5 days later he was here :)

You are getting super close!!! Good luck with everything!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->