• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Dilating Question

TweetyPie20

Reaction score
Ok so this might sound a little bit stupid :blush: but I was sitting thinking and wondered..

Is it possible to go backwards??

By that I mean you get your contractions and you start dilating and you get to maybe 1cm or 2cm then the contractions fizzle out..Would you stay at 1cm/2cm until they helped your contractions along or they started again..Or would you close back up again? :dohh:

Hm, I'm not sure about dilating, but I know women here have posted that labor stopped, including the contractions so maybe? :D

I don't know for sure. . BUT I do recall reading on another message board that this can happen.. . but, I don't know if I was reading correct information or not. . .

It's a crazy thought, that's for sure. . .

I don't think you close back up. Women who start dilating too early in pregnancy often have a stitch put in to keep it closed, and lots of people walk round for weeks at a few cm dilated. Not sure though.

If this is the case, I'll be very disappointed! It took 4 weeks to get to 2cm!!!

If this is the case, I'll be very disappointed! It took 4 weeks to get to 2cm!!!

I wouldn't worry about how long it took you to get to 2. With my first I dilated 3cm in an hour, after being 1 cm for weeks. . . . . . . your body will get you there when it's ready. . . no worries. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"