Dippers

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by pachamama, Jun 2, 2011.

1. pachamama

pachamama Well-Known Member

Morning ladies,

My lo is doing great with BLW - he eats like a horse:haha: He's been taking pre-loaded spoons for a couple of months now and I'd like to start giving him dippers, to get used to 'loading' the dipper himself iykwim?

However, I tried the other day with toast fingers and humous, but he just ate a fistful of humous, followed by the toast fingers. Even, though I ate the same and tried to show him how to do it.

Do I just persevere with demonstrating it, in the hope he'll catch on eventually or does anyone have any other ideas or experience?

Thanks,

x

2. pachamama

Bumpety bump!:flower:

Read about the dipper thing in the BLW book... does anyone know anything about it or have experience?

x

3. ke29

ke29 Well-Known Member

I would carry on and let him do it his own way, he'll cotton on after a while.

4. mum22ttc#3

mum22ttc#3 Mum of 3

I would just try and perserve too, I havent given lo dippers but do give her a spoon for most of her meals now, she is starting to wave the spoon around as if she is trying to get food onto it but always ends up eating it with her hands. :)

5. pachamama

Think you're right. I think I'm trying to overcomplicate things. He's sorted everything else out himself!:flower:

Thanks.

x