Dirty Nappies

trish1200

Reaction score
David used to have quite a few dirty napies a day, sometimes one after each feed. On the last few days he had only one a day, and none today. All his nappies have been just wet. Is this normal, should I worry?

Nope, breastfed babies can go days without pooing, is he breastfed?. Dex used to have loads of dirty nappies now he may only have one a day, sometimes none.

As long as the nappies are wet it is fine.

Yes, he is breastfed. It's been quite a dramatic change.

Liam went a few days without pooing when aswell its normal if you feel hes constipated(Sp) offer him some cool boiled water oh and liam was FF x

My friends baby is BF and she only goes once a week. So it is pretty normal in Bf babies not to go so often! Although my LO poops for england lol

Not sure about offering water tho...i thought Bf babies didn't need any water

My LO is formula fed and has only done 1 poop a day for the past week but he isnt constipated or anything,i give him water occasionally if its hot or if he does get constipated but im sure breastfed babies dont need water...or so iv been told.
xxx

We also had a dramatic change about a week and a half ago (5 weeks old) - we went from pooing about every hour to pooing once per day. Over the last couple of days we have moved onto about twice a day. HV said it is normal.

Yep definitely normal, it seems to change around the 6 week mark, mine went from going 4 times a day to once every 3 days - she's regulated now and goes 1 or 2 times a day.

yep def normally - when maddi was new born, she went about 3 times a day, then around 6weeks she started going every 4days! and then it just regulated itself to once/twice a day until she was weaned at 6.5 months - and then you have weaning poo's - which aren't nice :lol:

Yeah Theakston did this after the 6 week growth spurt. He had about 3 days where he had tonnes of wet nappies but he'd only have dirty ones at night (and have like 3 poos in one go and one on the table for good measure lol) and maybe one in the morning. The HV said it was OK and he's more regular again now but still loads of wet ones. Everytime I check him he needs changing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->