Disappointment followed by excitement followed by... Wtf?

That's good the dr apologized! Realized her mistake at least. Still hard to wait though. When do you guys find out today's level?

AHHHHHH she just called me. It came back at 102. She was crying happy tears. It went up almost 60% since yesterday. :happydance:

This is so nuts. Thank you all for your help in calming us down the past few days.

Does anyone know how you determine the day when it actually happened? Or due dates?

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congrats! If you google due date calculator you'll be able to put in your wife's last period date and it will tell you. Good luck with becoming a daddy and a happy and healthy 9 months to your wife.

Congrats to you and your wife!!! So glad to hear you got your happy news today! :)

That's awesome! It sounds like she may have ovulated a bit later than usual. An early ultrasound (at 6+ weeks) should help determine an accurate due date. If your wife did ovulate late this cycle going by her last period may be slightly incorrect.

Congrats!! Hope you guys have a happy and healthy 9 months!!!!

That's awesome! It sounds like she may have ovulated a bit later than usual. An early ultrasound (at 6+ weeks) should help determine an accurate due date. If your wife did ovulate late this cycle going by her last period may be slightly incorrect.

I have been thinking this as well. But we didn't DTD since July 6th. So with that being the latest date possible, does this all make sense still?

I have been thinking this as well. But we didn't DTD since July 6th. So with that being the latest date possible, does this all make sense still?

Entirely possible. Sperm can live inside a woman 3-5 days, so maybe she didn't ovulate till around July 9 or 10th.

As previous poster said, definitely. I would guess she ovulated around 8-11 July.
Don't stress about it too much. The timing is right, the HCG is going up, bubby may just arrive a few days later than the due date obtained by a last period would suggest.

Congratulations!!! :) The waiting and not knowing is SO hard, so glad congratulations are in order! :) Like someone else said, an early ultrasound will give you more specifics on a due date, but not everyone gets them before 12 weeks, so I don't know what your doc in particular will do (I got my first one at 7 or 8 weeks, but I had tons of ultrasounds during my pregnancy, and that's not typical at all). You can figure out her due date for now based on the first day of her last period and go from there! It's always just their best guess anyhow :)

Little update if anyone is interested. I also wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on our current status.

So her first blood test was last Wednesday and was 64. Next day (Thursday) HCG was 102. She went in again today and we had our fingers crossed that it was anywhere around 550 because that would be doubling every 48 hours. We just got the call and it was 1,000! My first thought was YAYYYY! But is that a good thing? Does it mean anything?

Thanks

Check out this article with chart:

https://americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html

YAY!! IF she had an ultrasound a sac should show with her levels being that high and growing daily ;) So happy for you both!

That's fantastic. I had a super high hcg with my last pregnancy and my Dr's said it meant it was a good, strong, healthy pregnancy.
It's all going great for you!

Super strong pregnancy or... Twins... Just saying its possible with a big jump as it will double twice as fast..

Anything is possible, I am sure all the ultra sounds you get out will have the info soon enough :) . Enjoy the pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->