Discharge and possible head engagement question...

natasja32

Mum to 4 boys
Reaction score
Hey girls...I was wondering if anyone could shed some light. My little man has been pushing onto my pelvis and has caused only what i can describe as a shock feeling. Im asuming its baby maybe getting head down as i had it with my other pregnancies too. What i want to know is wether this pushing and jamming down into my pelvis he seems to be doing alot of lately,could cause some of your plug to come out??:shrug: Thanks in advance girls.:hugs:

I have been getting these 'shock' pains....! Not nice when your in a supermarket! My baby is engaged too....(confrimed by a scan) but i knew i was as i could feel pressure in my pelvis and im a tad swollen down there.

It should not cause you to lose your plug but in the later stages of pregnancy you can get increased discharge (i have and i did with my last pregnancy and so did my sister).

Speak to your midwife if you are concerned. If its just gloopy (sorry TMI) then its fine but if you get discharge with tinges of blood in it, then that could be your plug and i would get it checked out.

Thanks for the reply hunny..No blood that i can see but very gloopy!!:blush:

Hi hun.

I'm 33wks pregnant with twins - one is head down, the other breech. Every evening for weeks I have had "shocks" like you describe low down in my bladder and cervix area as the babies kick me :wacko:

It is very disconcerting, particularly because I have a cervical stitch holding my already "funneled" cervix together. It has had no effect on my cervix so far, nor have I had any extra discharge nor loss of plug. Head down baby is not engaged either - it is simply the kicks and punches of two big boys :winkwink:

I actually think what you're feeling is more likely to be your bladder - everything is so squashed and crammed in down below it's hard to tell where all these sensations are coming from. All I can say, is that if my dodgy cervix can maintain the weight and battering of 2 huge bubbas without any ill effects, then likely yours can too :hugs:

the shock pains are from your cervix with baby pushing down on it, it can cause increase discharge but if anything looks like it could be your plug then get it checked

Hey, Im nearly 26 weeks and my lo is head down. If im walking or sitting it puts more pressure and im having discharge too. Ive been getting really worried about it as i dont know if its normal discharge, my plug (which i heard can build back up), wetting myself or amniotic fluid. Im just going to go to the drs for a peace of mind i think.

Hey, Im nearly 26 weeks and my lo is head down. If im walking or sitting it puts more pressure and im having discharge too. Ive been getting really worried about it as i dont know if its normal discharge, my plug (which i heard can build back up), wetting myself or amniotic fluid. Im just going to go to the drs for a peace of mind i think.

Goodluck hunny...Keep us posted.:hugs:

Goodluck hunny...Keep us posted.:hugs:

Will do :) I had this during my first pregnancy but i seem to be more paranoid over it this time.

My antenatal instructor told us to think of the increased discharge as if the vaginal canal is made out of something similar to corrugated cardboard. When the baby starts pressing down...goo :D gets squeezed through the corrugations and you see increased discharge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"