Discharge or waters? Please don't R&R

S

shanti01

For the past few weeks I noticed that I have quite a wet feeling down there and sometimes even my pants. But it is summer here so I thought it was sweat. So I used a panty liner just to realise that it was soaked through and now it seems to smell stronger - very sweet. I know it is not urine as I know how that smell since I had bladder problems in first tri when I was sick.

I am going to the doctor for my check-up tomorrow, but need to have an idea now as I am quite worried. It also feels like "leaking" when you have your period, if it make sense?

Even now when I sit or stand up I can smell it through my jeans and I don't like the smell.......................:nope:

Anyone with advice or experiences?

sounds like your waters hun, i had this happen to me at 36 weeks whilst i was preg with my DD i was induced as soon as i turned 37 weeks.
i would phone your MW and get down the hospital ASAP as leaking waters can cause infection and distress the baby. xxxxx

also... if your going to get induced, pack lots of reading materials or a compact games consol so you can keep yourself occupied as you aren't aloud to walk about as freely as a natural labour xxxxx

Thank you. Did yours also smell? I get so many contradicting answers - some say it smell others say it doesn't.

Also, I'm going to have a c-section at 37+2 weeks. Seems it could be earlier? I'm only 33 weeks now and worried if she needs to be born now that I would not be able to breastfeed...... :-(

I thought my waters were leaking this weekend, I constantly felt and still do feel wet down there and my knickers seem to be damp all the time. I rang the hosp and they asked me to go into be checked, the shon a big torch up there and said my waters were still intact. Apparently sometimes they can leak a little and the bag re-seal itself. Try not to worry for now but I would definately mention it to your doc tomorrow, I think they can just take a quick swab to see if the dampness is amniotic fluid - I think they were perhaps just double checking with me by using the torch as its almost my due date x

I dont want to read and run but iv had this same thing for ages now, It smelt sweet sometimes and I was getting gushes when I stood up after been sat down or just stood for a while after a few weeks my discharge got a bit thicker and I had thrush, Im not saying this is the case with you but I just want to say a fluid down there doesn't always mean its your waters, Im still fighting this god dam thrush because it keeps returning. Speak to your midwife if you are really worried and good luck x

I'd ring the hospital as it sounds like you're leaking quite a lot and if this carries on there is a risk of infection, go get checked! Good luck x

yeah it smelt sweet. xxxxx sorry i took so long to reply, i was offline xxxxx

I've had this lately too. Feels too watery to be discharge but for me it was. Also I've been sweating in that area more which is yuck. Pantyliners didn't even work. It even gets to my pajama pants.

Theres too many symptoms with pregnancy that could either be absolutely normal or something to seriously worry about. :dohh:

I will ask the doctor today as my pajama pants smell like that this morning and it was clean pajamas as I washed them yesterday.

For anyone that's had this - were there any pink tinges to your tissues / panty liners when you wiped?
I had this about 10-days ago and told my consultant last weds - she said it wouldn't be my waters (which is worrying me as I had leaking waters with my son but didn't know until I was in labour). She said the likely explanation for me (with the pink tinge stuff) is that I've had a small bleed on my placenta and the stomach aches I was getting would be where I am bruised inside.
She said it should pass after 48hrs and it did but yesterday and this morning I had a bit more pink tinginess!
xxx

Sorry to be gross but my discharge since being pregnant smells different depending on what I eat. If I eat onions it smells like onions, it's really gross, haha. Like everyone else said though, if it's soaking things then get checked x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->