Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Oh mel I hope it's good news for you soon :hug: I must admit I don't know much about that but I thought increased CM was a good sign too, not amniotic fluid leaking xxx

Talking about fun sex, I had the most fun sex last night! I think we both got caught up in the moment and forgot we were TTC and luckily it was on CD15 too so bang on time! It was only afterwards when I remembered not to get up and instead put a pillow under my bum we remembered we were TTC!

Mel I hate that this stress had Been put on you just as you were starting to relax. I too don't know what the leaking is but I for damn sure hope it's not amniotic fluid :nope:.
I can't believe he said those things to you I mean ffs do they have NO bedside manner? You don't need to hear shit like that Hun and I for one do not believe you can't have a baby coz of leakige? Look every girl on here are like pro's with googling pregnancy dramas and NEVER have I come across this scenario?.
What colour & texture is it chick? R u sure it's not watery CM? I know I had that alot especially with the twins?.
I'm sending you millions of snuggles babe :hugs: Im not a big believer in god but if there is one up there I pray he shines on you right now & keeps bubs safe x x x here for you sweet pea lov Caz x x x

Mel i did a google search for leaking amniotic fluid so early on and so far have found nothing. I did find this https://en.allexperts.com/q/ObGyn-Pregnancy-issues-1007/amniotic-leak-8-weeks.htm where a docter explains that at 8 weeks you cannot be leaking amniotic fluid. Have a look!

That's exactly what I thought Vicky! How can a sac that is really only a couple of cm big leak lots of fluid?

I think most probably its a urine leak. It can happen in the beginning of a pregnancy when the uterus contracts.

:hug: oh mel, I hope everything turns out OK. But to be honest I would trust these girls here than your doctor, in my opinion. Please take care of yourself.

I won't be around this weekend girls....I am going on a backpacking trip all by myself. I am scared and excited at the same time. Best wishes to everyone :)
p.s. glad to see the new pictures!

I'm so awkward with words sometimes. I desperately hope all is ok with Mel. We :heart: you chicka, and hope and pray all is well with the Bubs!

Mel babe, I hope you are ok today. I'm thinking about you all day. I'm not going to be near a computer so I don't want you to think I'm not here for you. I'm sending as much sticky energy your way as I can today. I agree with Vicky, after reading (or trying to find something) on leaking amniotic fluid this early in pregnancy, all I could come up with was watery CM or urine. I'm praying it is one of the two for you and praying that the bleeding was just the bean snuggling in deeper for a long stay. Please keep us updated on how you are doing even if you don't have any news. No news is good news!

xoxo

I read those too online and was really hoping it wasn't. He just looked at my cervix with a speculum and said I definitely had leakage. I just had the U/S Tech phone me and he is upset that they didn't call him in last night so we could look. My scan is on the 16th now. I just phoned the health clinic here and the nurse asked me to come in so we can talk, but she said there is nothing you can do about amniotic leakage.

I am hoping it isn't, as it doesn't make sense to me either that it would be, especially since I had it right from the start. I know it's not urine because it is a clear fluid. I just have a dampness down there, and so I wear a liner all day long. It doesn't soak or anything like that, but at least my undies don't feel damp.

The dr told me that I was on bed rest today, so I am home from work. OH asked if I wanted him home with me, but I said no that I wanted to be by myself.

Hey everyone I've just caught up on all the post Mel I am in shock reading your post I am so sorry sweetie that you are having to go through this sending you big :hugs: and thinking of you.

I really hope that all goes ok and your little one is alright, I'm here for you for whatever you need.

prgirl_cesca :hi: welcome its good to have you here.

Oh mel I hope it's good news for you soon :hug: I must admit I don't know much about that but I thought increased CM was a good sign too, not amniotic fluid leaking xxx

Talking about fun sex, I had the most fun sex last night! I think we both got caught up in the moment and forgot we were TTC and luckily it was on CD15 too so bang on time! It was only afterwards when I remembered not to get up and instead put a pillow under my bum we remembered we were TTC!

That's the way TTC should be! Its a shame that I never forget though! :blush:

Mel i did a google search for leaking amniotic fluid so early on and so far have found nothing. I did find this https://en.allexperts.com/q/ObGyn-Pregnancy-issues-1007/amniotic-leak-8-weeks.htm where a docter explains that at 8 weeks you cannot be leaking amniotic fluid. Have a look!

Good info! :)

:hug: oh mel, I hope everything turns out OK. But to be honest I would trust these girls here than your doctor, in my opinion. Please take care of yourself.

I won't be around this weekend girls....I am going on a backpacking trip all by myself. I am scared and excited at the same time. Best wishes to everyone :)
p.s. glad to see the new pictures!

You be safe, missy! Got it? :hugs:

I'm so awkward with words sometimes. I desperately hope all is ok with Mel. We :heart: you chicka, and hope and pray all is well with the Bubs!

No you aren't! :hugs:

I read those too online and was really hoping it wasn't. He just looked at my cervix with a speculum and said I definitely had leakage. I just had the U/S Tech phone me and he is upset that they didn't call him in last night so we could look. My scan is on the 16th now. I just phoned the health clinic here and the nurse asked me to come in so we can talk, but she said there is nothing you can do about amniotic leakage.

I am hoping it isn't, as it doesn't make sense to me either that it would be, especially since I had it right from the start. I know it's not urine because it is a clear fluid. I just have a dampness down there, and so I wear a liner all day long. It doesn't soak or anything like that, but at least my undies don't feel damp.

The dr told me that I was on bed rest today, so I am home from work. OH asked if I wanted him home with me, but I said no that I wanted to be by myself.

I agree with the others... I don't see how you could have enough amniotic fluid to be leaking it steadily. It would all be gone in a matter of minutes. I'd say its likely really watery CM. I can't fathom that it could actually be amniotic fluid! I've never heard of it happening SO early! Glad you have your scan date! :hugs: You're in my thoughts!

Oh Msarkozi, I can't believe it Hun, hold tight it sounds like it might be nothing to worry about

Thinking of you xx:hugs:

Mel, you have to wait a week for a scan? That seems so far away!

You didn't mention any more bleeding so that's a good sign. How do you feel, physically?

I'm not a medical professional but I'm with everyone else; it doesn't sound right that it would be amniotic fluid so early in a pregnancy.

What does your gut tell you?

Sending you loads of :hugs:

Well I definitely know it isn't urine, because there is no smell either. So not sure if it is just watery discharge or not?! Part of me is like oh god, not again. The other part of me is not believing it is amniotic fluid either.

Physically I feel good, but emotionally I am indifferent. I just spent awhile at the clinic, and they did blood work, so when they have the results back tomorrow, the nurse is going to go in and look at what they are and phone me. I am praying they are increasing still, as then I won't be worried at all.

She phoned the US Tech as well, and he said that he would do a scan today if I wanted, but I had to go through Emergency and it wouldn't be until after 4:00pm today. So unless I start bleeding, I am just going to relax on the couch all day. Once I know what my levels are, then I will know what is going on from there.

I still have my boobs giving me twinges of pain and what not, so you would think that my symptoms would go away if I was about to mc??????

Mel i dont wanna get your hopes up but lets be scientific about this ok? You cannot be continously leaking amniotic fluid that isnt even there to begin with ok???
Im pretty sure it is cm, im also leaking tons of it today to a point where i think ive pissed my pants. If youre not bleeding then i think youll be ok doll, just take a nap and try to relax.

It sounds like you're getting good care at your clinic. I'm glad.

Yes, relax as much as you can and try not to worry. :hugs:

Thanks Vicky! I'm going to go make some lunch and then go curl up on the couch for the afternoon.

I asked the doctor if there was a test to see if it is amniotic fluid or not, but he said he didn't think that hospital had it (he is a visiting dr). I am just going to wait for my blood results tomorrow and see what they are.....

Keeping everything crossed for you :hugs2:

Look after yourself thinking of you.

Good girl!!!
I wish i could curl up and veg out in front of the TV....I have to go to my cousins wedding (which im already 30 minutes late for) and spend the night with my annoying relatives GRRRRR!!!!

Good girl!!!
I wish i could curl up and veg out in front of the TV....I have to go to my cousins wedding (which im already 30 minutes late for) and spend the night with my annoying relatives GRRRRR!!!!

I want to be curled up on my couch too! Grrr for annoying realatives! I have some of those as well!!

Mel, I am glad you are better. They do have a test to see if it is amniotic fluid here in the states, but I've only seen and or heard of it being done in the materninty ward. I am sure that it is just cervical fluid, and the tech was a dumb @$$ for making you worry like that. :hugs: We're all here for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->