discouraged

mommy_atHEART

Reaction score
I'm about to be on my 5th cycle tcc #1. I'm getting so discouraged with trying to get this right...

It's so hard for me to remember to temp & then I miss days.

My guy is getting upset to, thinking were not going to be able to conceive. I try not to get so upset but its hard. Every month were like ok I think we got it this month & it keeps ending in failure...

I'm supposed to get my period March 17th & I tested last night BFN :nope:

What can I try this coming cycle to try and get this right?:wacko:
I'll take any suggestions.
I'm definitely going to try & get my temping right, but I don't know what else to do...

You could try setting an alarm for temping to ensure you remember.

5 months isn't that long to TTC either, some folks take a year. I'd only worry if you're an older couple. (over 35)

Also make sure you are trying to :sex: every other day during your fertile period. Every day if you can manage it, but every second should be sufficient.

If you're concerned about your lack of success however, you can always go in for testing, but it's not really necessary until you've tried for a year and not gotten pregnant. (6 months if over 35)

I agree- I am on cycle 11 of TC #3, and believe me I have had my ups and downs- it is a crazy thing trying to get the timing right. And even if you do get the timing right there is something like a 25% chance of actually getting preggers. Hang in there- and yes an alarm clock has worked for me in the past as well, as I had very inconsistent wake times. Are you using any OPK kits/tests?

an average healthy couple can take 6 months to a year to get pregnant... I am on cycle 13 right now... Have sex, eat healthy, track your cycle with opks and temp and you will get there :)

an average healthy couple can take 6 months to a year to get pregnant... I am on cycle 13 right now... Have sex, eat healthy, track your cycle with opks and temp and you will get there :)

100% agree!

Hang in there! I'm on cycle #13 TTC #1, so I know how you feel.
I'd 1 day late for AF, and only now seeing the faintest of faint lines on IC tests. I'm trying not to get excited until I get a "real" line.

What I did to ensure I always take my temp is I figured out the earliest time I'll ever need to get up on an average day, and set a daily alarm 5 minutes before that, with a back-up 1 minute later ('cuz I don't trust my phone). I temp when that alarm goes off, then go to the washroom, do my CM/CP check, and if I don't need to be up then I go back to bed.

OH has been really excited every cycle with me, hoping for our positive, but he hasn't really made a huge effort to understand how it all works. At the end of January my obgyn ordered a semen analysis for him, and when he read the instructions and noticed that his sample needed to be delivered after abstaining for 2+ days, but no more than 5, he asked me why and actually listened to the science of it all. Suddenly we BD'd with 1-2 nights off in between as opposed to whenever the mood struck us as many nights as possible, because he finally understood how his body plays into this, and we ended up BDing 4 days before O, 1 day before O, and 1dpo. I think we've finally done it, and I think that new relaxed BD pattern is the key.

Don't give up hope yet! I went 4 years ttc but I have a beautiful, happy baby girl that was absolutely worth the wait! I had other issues which is why it took so long (blocked tunes from previous surgeries), but it happened!

What I did the cycle we conceived after been given the all clear from the dr:
Opk's
Preseed
Softcups
Laying in bed no less than an hour after BDing
Bd everyday to every other day the 5 days surrounding O
And last but not least...I relaxed about it! I know it doesn't seem like it with all those measures, but I didn't obsess after I o'd about symptoms or testing early. I went out and had a few drinks with friends and in general just assumed I would get my period that month like every other month. I didn't freak about testing early or anything. The day my period was due I took a test in the am when I woke up. Put it on the counter and went and laid back in bed with dh till we decided it was time to start the day. I really did assume it was negative, so it was a very pleasant surprise to see 2 lines!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->