Disneyland at 8 weeks preg!

jodiejodie

Reaction score
So I had a d&c in December and we had planned on waiting to get pregnant until after our disney trip. Well surprise!! I just found out I'm 4w2d pregnant. I will be 8 weeks when we go to Disneyland. My 2 favorite rides are Pirates of the Carribean and Grizzly River Run. Has anyone ridden those ride in the first trimester??

Hmmm, with your history of miscarriages, I probably wouldn't suggest it. I am not sure if it could cause problems (I suppose it might - don't most of the rides include warnings about pregnancy??), but if it ended up in another miscarriage, for whatever reason - you probably wouldn't forgive yourself. We might head there ourselves when I am close to 20 weeks - and I am not intending to go on any rides that include a pregnancy warning.
Congrats on your new pregnancy! I myself got pregnant the cycle after a chemical...

I think pirates is fine. It's a smooth ride. But if there are any doubts, don't risk it. Not worth it.

I went last week at 5wk 5 days and went on Pirates. It seemed fine (and I don't think they have the expectant mothers warning on that one, maybe because there's no seatbelt or harness on that one and it's a smooth ride) Indiana Jones felt a little too intense for me, even so early on, so i would say anything jerky or bumpy be careful with.

yes, dont do indiana, one of my favs but would not do it while preggo

Pirates was a smooth sailing ride. I would for sure go on that one while pregnant :flower:

How fun! And congrats! I'm a Disney World expert but have not been to DisneyLand yet! I also agree that Pirates should be fine...does the DL version have the small drop in it? That should be fine, but just prepare yourself for it. And if any ride at all gives a health warning, I'd avoid it, as well as any jerky rides. And I'd take lots of sitting breaks and drink lots of water. I went a little crazy one day, earlier in my pregnancy and I felt like garbage - crampy, lower back pain and exhausted. Have a great time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->