Disneyland with bump!?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by hollilol, Apr 9, 2009.

1. hollilol

hollilol Active Member

Hi all

Off to Disneyland on Wednesday for my daughters 5th birthday.. Just wondering if I'm allowed on the gentle rides, ie the ones for 5 year olds, or should I avoid completely?? I'm afraid I really have no idea :dohh:

Thanks
    Laura

2. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

hi there,

i went to disneyland paris when i was 10 weeks, so not as far a long as you, but i just avoided all the faster rides, if you get a map once you are there, it actually tells you which ones to avoid, and which ones are ok, i really enjoyed buzz lightyear, always a good one, but its nice and slow :)

have fun x

3. Armywife

Armywife Mummy to 2 beauties

My sister was 17wks pg when we went to Disneyland in Florida a few years back. The doctor advised that she was fine on slow rides (its a small world etc) but to avoid tea cups and things. Its the G forces that affect the blood supply to LO apparently (sorry if thats wrong but that was my understanding) I'd suggest anything slow would be ok. Of course its effectively your decision. I hope you all have a fabby time whatever you decide to do x x x

4. avabear73

avabear73 Mum to Finlay

Every ride will have a sign warning off people with certain conditions - if you're not sure, ask the Cast Member at the ride - they will be happy to advise you. Being 25 weeks I think you'll find most rides aren't advised, but something like It's a small world would be fine. Peter Pan might be OK, possibly Snow White - I'm trying to wrack my brains here LOL ... anyway as princess_bump says it will be marked on the park map. One thing about Buzz is that you control the spnning/direction changes, so it would be OK as long as you were gentle I would think.

Have a great time!

5. hollilol

hollilol Active Member

Thanks all..

I'm really looking forward to it!! To be honest, I'm just looking forward to seeing my little ones face - she's been begging to go since forever - and it'll be fun to see her begging papa to go on the rides with her, cause he's a complete chicken :happydance:

Laura

6. cleckner04

cleckner04 ✭Emma & Rylan's Mama✭

We actually just got back from Disney World and I had a blast. Most of the rides are pregnancy safe. When I wasn't sure, I'd just ask the worker in front of the ride that I wasnt' sure about. They always know! Have fun!!

7. Mommyw/Baby2

Mommyw/Baby2 Well-Known Member

I am planning to take my 6yo son to Disney World in Florida as soon as school is out. It's sort of something we are planning to do with him before the baby comes. We can't wait!

Have fun! I'm sure your daughter will love it!