Disturbing dreams

Starlight34

Reaction score
I've talked about some of my strange dreams before, but the dream I had last night was quite upsetting. My husband and I were at an amusement park, riding a Ferris wheel type of ride. During the ride, we witnessed other cars on the Ferris wheel coming loose and falling with people in them. People were falling to their death. I can remember the screaming, it was so vivid and terrible. I woke up pretty shaken. Has anyone else had dreams like this? I know it's not real, but gosh, that was not fun to watch!
:nope:

Unfortunately there's not much you can do about them. I used to have disturbing dreams before being pg, like horses with human heads sewn onto their backs, people trying to kill me with knives, etc, now they've just gotten weird. Last week I had one where I was dating my cousin...whose 15 years older than me. Weird. There are ones I really dislike, like dh cheating on me or me cheating on him. I think its because we wake up more now to pee? I dunno. Rest assures its just a dream though, and a good excuse to get closer to dh in the middle of the night and have a good cuddle.

Ugh in the beginning I had dreams about Zombies. Im not even sure why as I think they are a bit ridiculous. I can still see one vividly! Those dreams really freaked me out. I mean really, people were trying to eat me!

Glad it's not just me! I've had some horrible ones.

Last night, OH was a serial killer and was trying to murder me. When I woke up I was so shaken by it, I couldn't even cuddle him to feel better :dohh:

Sounds like I'm not the only one. Those dreams sound pretty scary.
Why can't dreams just be nice? :wacko:
Does it have something to do with the increased hormones in pregnancy that causes this?

I still have bad dreams. I had dreams where people were in prison and the guards were showing me prisoners brains they ripped out, and cutting them open and making me watch. I also dreamed that I was running away from something and people were hanging headless with blood dripping off them.

I think bad dreams are normal, and nothing has helped me get rid of them. Usually I need to cuddle a teddy bear to go back to bed lol.

Me too! Just found out today that I was pregnant & that was one MAJOR sign! At first they were vivid sexual dreams, and just last night I dreamt of digging up my deceased grandparents remains... TERRIBLE!

I suffered from what the doctor described as adult night terrors with my last pregnancy , I would dream the most awful and disturbing things and a lit of the time in the dream I knew I was dreaming and would slap my face to wake myself up only to wake up into another nightmare, a few times I actually woke up for real to a smack in my face from my own hand :S I would also kick out and slap my oh too sometimes :S the only bit of advice I can give you is that I know my nightmares got worse and more vivid if I was worried or stressed in any way so try your best to relax and not stress out about things! Oh also I would find my dreams wherent so bad if I wound down about an hour before bed with a bubble bath etc hope they ease off soon for you I know how horrible they can be! :hugs:

Yep I get them with or without being pregnant. Thankfully the dreams so far with this pregnancy are fairly mild. Meaning I'm not waking up in full blown panic attacks, but still have to sit and think for a moment that it was just a dream and make sure everything is all right.

In the past I have woken up in complete panic attacks. Those take forever to realize it was just a dream and calm down.

Yep! I woke up in a panic attack this very morning. Had a dream a boat I was in flipped over and I had to swim 25 miles in the ocean. It should be mentioned that I'm terrified of sharks. And by terrified I mean... I don't go in swimming pools, lakes, large bodies of water; photos of sharks freak me out and reduce me to tears; just typing this I had to put my legs up in my chair because I was afraid a shark would appear under my desk and attack. Yes, it's that ridiculous! So this dream was AWFUL! I've never had dreams like that before, despite the crazy fear, and my husband told me this morning it was probably related to the pregnancy. I don't know why he thinks that, but I'll go with it.

Yes, the dang dreams. A few months ago when I was pregnant the first time I had this horrible dream I was laying down on my stomach- just how I was in bed and a HUGE spider was under me trying to eat my stomach, I woke up to me attacking the bed thinking it was there, my OH had to grab me to stop me from freaking out!

The other night I dreamt that cars flew and my mom and I jumped in the back of a truck that was ready to take off....and it started falling from the sky, I was saying bye to my mom in mid air! I couldn't wake myself up, until I hit the ground.

It's crazy stuff! What causes this?!

I had a horrible dream I ran over someone in my car a couple of night before my BFP. It was awful! Then last night i dreamt that me and hubby were getting a divorce and that I was misscarrying! I woke up this morning and took a few seconds to convince myself that none of it was true!!!

I've been reading a lot that pregnancy causes weird dreams but the articles are all about dreaming about labor or MC or something wrong with your baby, or your relationship with your partner going bad so I've been expecting that.

I haven't had any of that, I've been having really off the wall dreams too (there have been light-sabers and CIA plots and castles under siege) and last night I was being hanged for witchcraft so this was a reassuring thread this morning!

I had several weird dreams last night! One of the ones that I can remember was that I was cooking something on the stove and all of a sudden I caught on fire (we have a gas stove) and then I was throwing myself on the floor. I ended up being okay but it was one of the strangest dreams I've ever had before. Never dreamed about myself on fire before. Oh, and I dreamed that I told one of my friends that I was pregnant and she started yelling at me lol. Btw, she just had a baby a couple of days ago so maybe that's why I had that dream! So strange :shrug:

I had yet another weird dream last night. It wasn't as tragic as my other one, but upsetting none the less. I dreamt myself and my MIL both worked at the same place. Suddenly, my MIL yells at me and berates me in front of all my co-workers because she felt I was being lazy. That's something she would never do in real life. I happen to have a very nice MIL, lol! So strange! :shrug:

bad vivid dreams are very common in early pregnancy, i mean i had horrific dreams every single night from about 6-12 weeks, they were all so real and i woke up sweating and even actually crying for one....i remember 4 main bad dreams i had, one where i got on a plane, it took off but done a loop the loop and came crashing back down to the ground (i have a fear of flying)...one where my 3 year old was drowning at the bottom of a pool but i coudnt save her it was like i couldnt move, another was about my OH dying, and another of me being shot in my back and running down the street crying for help for someone to help my baby :(....seriously it got to the point were i hated going to bed because i just knew id dream something awful, even having a nap during the day id have them sometimes....it did fade off about 12 weeks but i still have the odd one now and then, now there usually just weird dreams sometimes funny....but they were no laughing matter back in first tri :(

I had yet another weird dream last night. It wasn't as tragic as my other one, but upsetting none the less. I dreamt myself and my MIL both worked at the same place. Suddenly, my MIL yells at me and berates me in front of all my co-workers because she felt I was being lazy. That's something she would never do in real life. I happen to have a very nice MIL, lol! So strange! :shrug:

I had a wonderful dream that my bosses decided there was no point in me coming in for the 3 days I have to be here over the holidays (I ran out of annual leave) and to just stay home for the whole holiday. I woke up very disappointed. :nope:

And I had my first baby dream! They handed me a daughter except I was still only 9 weeks pregnant and I'm like 'this can't be right. She can't be healthy, I only carried her for 9 weeks!' but nobody else seemed concerned. Woke up from that one a little disorientated too.....

Stupid pregnant brain.:sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->