Dizziness normal??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by kerri28, Oct 11, 2013.

1. kerri28

kerri28 Well-Known Member

Is it common to feel kinda dizzy when looking at a phone or tv for a little while ? It's almost making me nauseous but dizzy . Like my head feels heavy. Anyone else feeling this?

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Yep, had lots of dizziness. Still get that and seeing stars if I move too quickly. It's blood pressure I'm pretty sure, it tends to get lower for many women in pregnancy. Did for me! Was very dizzy. I think now I'm either used to it or just learned how to move and not move to help with the dizziness :)

3. Mannie89

Mannie89 Well-Known Member

I get the stars when I get up too fast too! I've been wondering this same thing. I get all dizzy and a little bit disoriented. So it's a blood pressure thing then? That makes sense.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Yes, for me, it absolutely was, and it was definitely worse when I was about 4-5 weeks and even in my 6th week sometimes I couldn't drive because I felt drunk from the fatigue and dizziness. I had my blood pressure taken at my first maternity visit when I was 5 weeks and it was very low, not so low as to be an alarming problem but low enough that it was causing the dizziness, stars, etc. It's also important to make sure you eat on a regular basis and smaller, more frequent meals than you normally do so that you can keep your blood sugar up as this helps.