Dizzy and breathless

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Chellebelle, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Chellebelle

Chellebelle Well-Known Member

The past couple of nights I have been sleeping loads more than usual and this morning I just could have stayed in bed all day. We only went to TK Maxx and I had to sit in the car after 5 minutes because I was getting palpitations and feeling dizzy - the top of my bump feels a bit achy too. I went back to bed when I got home and I slept for another 2 hours, then I got up and even just walking down the stairs had made me feel ill again :(

Is this normal or should I worry? I don't want to be moaning for every little pregnancy side effect - but I don't want to ignore it if it is serious.

Thanks x

2. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

I don't know hun, maybe you're just a bit under the weather. Hope you feel better soon. x

3. hellotasha

hellotasha Loves Her Baby Girl. X

ive been really breathless too, like you have to stop to try & take a proper breath its not nice! XX

4. Chellebelle

Thank you, maybe that's just what it is. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

I am sorry you've been feeling it too... it is a little reassuring to know that someone else is feeling it though - at least it might be quite normal then. I hope you feel better soon. x

5. Eoz

Eoz Mummy of 5! Eeek!

you been tested for iron levels? Sounds like anemia hun.I have been struggling this way alot xxxx

6. Chellebelle

I had my iron levels tested a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't had my results yet - I might ring tomorrow for my results... as I was anaemic when I was younger. Thank you. x

7. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

hope you feel better soon hun!! xx

8. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you're so under the weather. Give you MW a buzz if you're worried. If not- I hope you feel better soon x x

9. MrsP

MrsP Mummy to Eleanor & Henry

The breathless would be normal to feel as LO is taking up much more room, but I would speak to mw like the others say about dizziness.

Hope you feel better x x

10. ellasmummy

ellasmummy Well-Known Member

I had the same thing at 35 weeks when i was out shopping. That night i found out i was Anaemic, Iron levels were really low! Best to ring for your results just to be sure. They may re-take them though as i had bloods at 29/30 and my Iron was great, but by 35 they were dangerously low!

Hope you feel better soon :hugs: