Dizzy spells

Rumpskin

Free to try again!
Reaction score
How are you all coping with dizzy/light headed spells? I seem to be experiencing these more this week.

I am constantly grazing so it is not for lack of food or maybe it is the wrong foods.

Any tips?

xxx

I'm lucky that I'm not working, so I can just be calm or have a lie down.

I've definitely been feeling different these last few days.

I'm lucky that I'm not working, so I can just be calm or have a lie down.

I've definitely been feeling different these last few days.

You lucky thing not working!

I have been feeling different too - bloated, full, but definately light headed!

Well I'm meant to be starting new job next week!! Great time to be starting when I'm as cuckoo as can be.... last night I brought a plate to bed with me, one that I had been washing up. God only knows what I'll do in the office!

Well I'm meant to be starting new job next week!! Great time to be starting when I'm as cuckoo as can be.... last night I brought a plate to bed with me, one that I had been washing up. God only knows what I'll do in the office!

You nutter Faerie, you def have the pregnancy brain about you :rofl:

It is another normal pregnancy symptom hun...like in the old films where woman faint and go on to find out there were expecting......dont think there's much you can do other than be careful it your it the top of stairs etc..
Maybe you should talk about it to the doc if they get bad xxxxx

Sit/Stand slowly and no sudden movements. eAT LITTLE AND OFTEN. Thats about all. As my dizzyness is becasue of my hyperemesis I don't know much about normal!!

Sit/Stand slowly and no sudden movements. eAT LITTLE AND OFTEN. Thats about all. As my dizzyness is becasue of my hyperemesis I don't know much about normal!!

You poor thing! I had hyperemesis with my first pregnancy. I was in the hospital getting rehydrated usually once a week or every other week. I lost 20 lbs my first 6 mos! I ended up changing doctors at 6 mos because my first doctor never explored the causes for the extreme morning sickness. It's one thing to have morning sickness but what I went through was another! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Once I changed doctors the new doctor immediately checked my gall bladder. It was FULL of stones. We discovered that I was so sick because of the gall bladder disease combined with morning sickness. The third trimester was a little better, only because I was SO starving after not eating for 6 mos (basically) that even when I would vomit I would eat again. Sometimes I would eat, vomit, eat, vomit, eat again. Ridiculous I know, but I was SOOOO hungry so I didn't care!!! I will keep you in my prayers. I hope this lets up for you soon. Have they explored any causes for this? My first doctor told me I was just one of the lucky 2% of women affected by this. I was SOOOO glad I changed doctors.

I'm always dizzy now, and have fainted once and come close to lots more times.

I had that quite alot of the past couple of weeks, sometimes its worse than others.

When you are pregnant your blood pressure lowers and this causes the dizziness.

Hx

ive been feeling dizzy this week too. mad :)

When you are pregnant your blood pressure lowers and this causes the dizziness.

Hx

Ok I'm probably being dim, but if your heartbeat has quickened how is your blood pressure lowered? Thanks!

your heartbeat is faster to try to make up for the decrease in blood pressure. Drinking lots of water will help keep your blood volume up as the baby is stealing it all away.

I fainted a lot during high school and the doctor told me it was because of low blood volume causing low blood pressure. All that could be done to fix it was drinking loads of water.

I was told that if this happens to sit down and (the old fashioned way) put your head between your knees and breath relaxed in and out for a few minutes and this would help.

As the others mentioned make sure you eat small things regularly as this will also keep your sugar levels up.

Hope it doesnt last too long for you ;) x

I have been nibbling slowly on Saltines and drinking water whenever I get that dizzy / lightheaded nausea feeling... I do feel like I have to have something in my mouth / stomach all of the time or else I feel sick... Luckily I haven't vomited yet though, although it is pretty early still for me. With my first pregnancy I didn't get any m/s until 6 wks so I'm surprised to even have nausea / dizzy / lightheadness already.

I had a couple of very dizzy moments today - once while riding and had to get off and then later on at the yard...only just made it home and onto the settee :dohh: My doctor said that drinking more fluids helps (I can't remember why though!) xxx

I feel dizzy too, actually today I feel like I am on a boat. Having a lie down now and feels like I am on a boat going over waves. It's really normal, your blood vessels are dialated so blood pressure is lowered but your pulse will increase because the blood volume has increased and a greater pulse is required to supply the baby with sufficient blood.

Apparently the amount of blood in your body increases by 50%!!
This and the increased metabolism (about 20% increase) is what causes the temperature rise...

Can't remember where I got all my info, think it was Fertility Friend pregnancy tracker..

Hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"