Dizzy

Buzzy Bee

Reaction score
Hey all hope you well!

Just wondering has anyone felt dizzy while pregnant? I feel lightheaded and a bit woozy!! Any advice? X

I had that a few weeks back. The midwife suggested eating some of those yoghurts with all the live stuff in them, like Activia.

I get really dizzy when i am hungry... although i dont realise im hungry all the time becuase my baby tends to push itself up into my stomach!

I get really dizzy when i am hungry... although i dont realise im hungry all the time becuase my baby tends to push itself up into my stomach!

I dunno It could be that and it's very warm today so that could be the cause! I just always worry when I don't feel well I'm awful....

I used to get dizzy from time to time.
According to the American Pregnancy Association:

Dizziness or feeling faint is a normal symptom during pregnancy. The main cause of dizziness in pregnancy is due to the rising hormones that cause your blood vessels to relax and widen. Dizziness is also caused by low blood sugar levels that may occur as your body adapts to changes in your metabolism. Women who are anemic or who have varicose veins may be more susceptible to dizziness than others. Dizziness may also occur later in your pregnancy if you lie on your back, allowing the weight of the baby to press on your vena cava (a large vein that carries blood from your lower body to your heart).

Try not to stand for long periods of time-- and don't swtich positions really quickly. Like don't stand up too quickly. & make sure you are eating well. My doctor had told me that I needed to make sure I ate more iron because I was becoming slightly anemic. If you are still having dizziness when you go to your next doctor appointment, you should definitely mention it to them, just so they know what's going on.
Good Luck :flow:

I felt dizzy as well, and thought it might be related to lack of vitamins, as your baby is taking everything from you. I stated taking pregnantcare vitamins, and feel much better now.

I had this and tried everything, but nothing seemed to really help. I mentioned it to my midwife and she did some blood tests just to check things over, and turned out my iron levels were really low. I'm now on iron pills until bubba arrives :thumbup: and feeling much better.

Hope this helps :flower:

Thanks you two!! Think I'll give those pregnant care a go x

I had this and tried everything, but nothing seemed to really help. I mentioned it to my midwife and she did some blood tests just to check things over, and turned out my iron levels were really low. I'm now on iron pills until bubba arrives :thumbup: and feeling much better.

Hope this helps :flower:

I'm on iron tablets have been from week 18 weeks hate them lol! It's very warm today I just properly need to drink more

Be careful. I was at the mall the other day and a pregnant lady fall as she said she was dizzy. And she told the ER nurse it has been like that for weeks and nothing seems to help her she always gets dizzy. The best thing is to avoid being alone outside, drink a lot and rest a lot...

I think you should tell your DR

In the first instance i'd say lay down till it passes, this helps me though it can be a couple of hours i feel light headed for. I suffer and for me its caused by a combination of low blood pressure, low blood sugar, low iron.. so eating something sugary, resting up should give you a pick up and im also now taking iron supplements and not getting it anymore x

Thanks think I might call my midwife tomorrow just to ease my mind!! Thanks for all your advice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->