DNA fragmentation - please advise

PatientMum

Reaction score
Dear ladies, anybody heard of semen DNA fragmentation analysis?

Can you please advise? Should my hubby ask my clinic for a DNA fragmentation analysis? His sperm is within norm, motility and morphology sometimes bortherline but within norm.

We have been through 3 natural and 2 stimmed cycles, resutling in one chemical and a miscarriage at 12 weeks this spring and a bunch of failed implantations..

Could the DNA fragmentation be the issue (apart from my old age of course, turning 40 next mont) even when standard sperm parameters are within norm?

Many thanks!

My husband had the test done and it was recommended after my 2nd IVF failure. All of his counts were in range or above, however, my RE was at a loss as to why I was not getting pregnant. It worth it to see and really its not invasive at all, with just a sperm sample. Good luck!

thank you oneof14,
Did your husband's test show the DNA fragmentation was the issue?

thank you oneof14,
Did your husband's test show the DNA fragmentation was the issue?

No, his DNA Fragmentation showed normal DNA in sperm. Still don't know what the issue is/was. We switched clinics and had a much better outcome, sometimes that is what it takes. Good luck, I know how frustrating this is, especially since there seems to be no reason.

Get it done!
Originally we had a regular sa done for my husband and I came back great. 4 years later I finally find out our issue is his DNA fragmentation

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->