DNA tests for ancestry affected by pregnancy?

Brieanna

Reaction score
I got one of those tests that uses your DNA to find ancestry for my birthday a few days ago. I was wondering if being pregnant will change the results? I know part of a baby's blood and DNA is shared with the mother, so is it possible that the test could show results from my husband too, even though I am sure there is such a miniscule amount, I'm curious. I emailed the company, but until I get a return email, does anyone else have experience? Thanks!

I just ordered one myself :)

Most of these tests uses cells from the internal surface of your cheek so that won't be possible to find any trace of baby's DNA.

My SO just did one of these and he spit in a tube. I think the fetal DNA is in the blood, not saliva, so I think it should be fine. :)

Thank you! I don't know why that didn't occur to me.

I really want to do it soon because I want to share it with my little neice and nephew. Their mom, my identical twin sister, died very suddenly a few months ago and I want them to know about their moms side of the family and figure I'm the closest they'll ever get to their mom.

It would be too early on for there to be any fetal and maternal blood mixing anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->