do 3 month olds remember womb sounds?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by babyfromgod, Jan 27, 2011.

1. babyfromgod

babyfromgod Mummy of 2 boys

just wondering if my 3 month old would remember womb sounds as i am looking at getting a slumber bear as he wakes after 45 minutes of sleep and can't resettle himself

2. AlwaysPraying

AlwaysPraying Mom of two!

I would say yes. I learned somewhere that when mothers "shush" their babies to sleep it's actually us recreating the sound of the blood flow in the womb subconsciously. I thought that was pretty cool. I also played the same cd everyday on my way to work and back for the last five months of the pregnancy and to this day he totally changes and lights up when I put the cd on (he's nearly five months now).

I think memory or not one of those machines would be soothing for sure and worth a try.

3. elephant29

elephant29 Daddy, mummy, LO and bean

Not sure if its the same but we've been using a slumber bear for about 2 mths now. Aria is 3 months and she still goes to sleep with it. I love it because if she wakes it definately does soothe her back to sleep.

xxx

4. kaylz

kaylz Well-Known Member

I bought one when my LO was 6 weeks old and it didn't make a jot of difference in extending his naps or getting him off to sleep - he just screamed over it! My LO only sleeps for 45 mins at a time during the day too. It's a pisser isn't it?!

5. smokey

smokey Mummy to a monkey

I think they deffinatly do.
    I was taught a neat trick when working as a baby photographer, if you get a peice of plastic and rustle it its supposed to resemble the sound of in the womb, it worked everytime without fail to stop they babies crying so I could get a photo :)
    I even kept a foil ballon by LO changing table for the first 4 months so everytime he cried during changing I just rustled it and it worked everytime.
    Also there was a song that I always used to play to bubs before he was born, id put some big earphones over my tummy and play it to him and he would squiggle about to it and once he was born when I played it he would clam straight down, he still recognises it 10 months on.

Plus there are certain sounds they get used to in the womb as well such as voices.
    I had to go to hospital at 34 weeks to be monitored because I hadnt felt him move all night or morning (very unuseal for my little constant squiggle bum) after 4 hours of being monitored he still wasnt moving nothing was working to get him active untill my husband walk through the door (he had been away with work) the second he heard his daddys voice he was up and bouncing about like mad, he was just sulking because he missed his daddys voice :)

6. Khloeee

Khloeee Well-Known Member

Slumber bear doesn't make a difference for us and I introduced it just before LO was 3 months. White noise used to calm him when he was a bit younger, up until about 8 or 9 weeks.

7. amym

amym Solomon's mummy

slumber bear also has nice lullabies - my LO likes those more than womb noise I think...