do any of you hate this...?

sambam

Mummy of 2 princesses!
Reaction score
when someone asks what your childs name is....

then i say "Bailey".... then they say "What"?.... then i say "BAILEY"... then they go "Awww Haley, thats lovely" .........

B-A-I-L-E-Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have to spell it out ... B for Bravo etc etc... haha

Does anyone else have this problem !??

xxx

Not face to face with people but i do when on the phone but with my own name, I say lyndsey & they say lisa? i say no LYNDSEY & they say oh sorry wendy .. or i get lynda..

:dohh: i got to the stage i just agreed lol

i like it! - its just people they dont listen sometimes. i think its a cute name!

I have this problem with my name as I have a VERY strange name, hehe. Its Hanelli, and I get called allsorts and no1 ever spells it right. But Ive got used to it now and I just go along with what ever people decide to call me although, IT REALLY BUGS ME A LITTLE!!! :rofl: xxx

people think my name is colin over the phone which is rather embarrasing as my voice is obviously female. u can hear this long pause and then they repeat ....erm colin.....and i have to then spell my name. Im not bothered. theyre the dumbasses ;)

i get it alllll the time with my little boy he is called Kobe and everyone says aww Toby lovely lmao, it does get soooo annoying xx

bailey :thumbup:

I was gona call baby Bailey if he was a girl, but got the comments "what...bailey bailey?" (my surname is bailey), though she would have taken fathers surname! xx

I HATE when people call me Susan......my name is SUZANNE!!!!!!

But I might be slightly off topic.... :)

Depends how i introduce myself! If i say Pip everyone says 'huh?' and if i say 'philippa' then people call me jennifer. It is annoying.

My baby is going to be called Isabella, and there is no way people who mis-hear that... right?!

Not face to face with people but i do when on the phone but with my own name, I say lyndsey & they say lisa? i say no LYNDSEY & they say oh sorry wendy .. or i get lynda..

:dohh: i got to the stage i just agreed lol

i am going to pretend i didn't read this.

You will always be Moo to me.

my name is Bethan and i dont mind being called Beth which is what 95% of ppl call me but theres sum1 in work and he calls me Bethany :wacko: ive told him loadsa times and it annoys the hell out of me.grrrrr :dohh:

"Caitlyn" "What?" "Caitlyn!" "Caitlen?" "No.. Kate-Lynn" "Caitlan?" "No.. C A I T L Y N" :hissy:

When I first set up a bank account, the bank came into my school and we all sat with a bank worker wilst they filled in forms....yet I still had cheque books, paying in books and statements sent to "MR Leigh Bailey".....how offensive :| Also get called Lynn alot, or Lea, sometimes I just let them do that...its different hahaha! My last job I was known as Lea by half of the kitchen staff... :D

yep my daughter is called Jenna and all we ever got is Jemma, Jenny even Jennifer once!!! We used to have to either spell it out or over exaggerate the pronounciation

my name is keely.. its like no one has ever heard of the name.. they always say kelly or kayla and im like no keely.. then they always spell it wrong :wacko: it can get a bit annoying..

when people see Alys' name they always say oohh "elise" thats a pretty name im like no its pronounced !ALICE! then they continue to say yes but it is spelt "elise" lol twats! no its definately alys.
and i remember once metting my grandads friend who insisted on calling me so-f-eye-a! as in sophia but pronounced how i just wrote it. lol my name is SOPHIE!!! pmsl

xx

Dizzy I'm a Lindsay as well and nobody gets it - Linda, Lisa, Lucy, Lesley.... and nobody spells it right either (including you :rofl:!!!)

This is part of the reason Harry is a Harry but I wanted him to be Bailey as well - it's a gorgeous name for boys OR girls - and it really suits your LO Sam. xxx

Aww, lol. For the record, I love the name Bailey! :)

My son is called Justice, when ever I say it I hear Oh Justin, thats nice. Really annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->