Do big bumps come early?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Celesse, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Celesse

Celesse Well-Known Member

I am big for dates, with a rather large looking bump. The latest thing I'm getting told (mainly from the 50-plus-female-granma-type- crowd) is that I'm gonna deliver early and won't make it to full term.

Is there any truth in this?

2. Christine1993

Christine1993 Full-time mummy to Aidan

well my bump was tiny and aidan was born 5 days early haha x x

3. dizzyspells

dizzyspells Mia & Finnlays Mummy.xxx

Sorry to break my experience to you but I was huge with both mine and Mia was very late and they induced me with Finn for a few reasons and he came on his due date but they did say if I would of been late as my cervix etc was not even anywhere near!!x

4. WW1

WW1 Mum to a little lady x

I've also got a big bump and was told that there is a slightly bigger likelihood of bubs coming early as there is more pushing down on the cervix - ie more to get the oxytocin going and hence contractions.

However, the doc said it doesn't necessarily follow - baby will come when it's good and ready!

5. Squidge

Squidge Mummy & WTT <3

Nah i don't think so. My theory is the baby will come when he/she is ready :) Not due to any size related bumps or whatnot :lol:

6. BunMum

BunMum Well-Known Member

I get the same from people as I'm massive but I think its old wives tales. Baby will arrive when they're good and ready - whether they're big or small.

Gem x

7. angie-roo

angie-roo Well-Known Member

Nah! Baby is big, my bump is big... I am already several days late & baby is showing no signs of coming out. I thought as baby was big she'd come out early, no such luck!

8. twiggy56

twiggy56 Mummy expecting #2

damit! My bump is getting pretty big now and v uncomfortable...i was kind of hoping she would wana get outta there more promptly due to being so squished but now im not so sure!!

:rofl: xx