Do braxton hicks....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by hotpinkangel, Jan 27, 2011.

1. hotpinkangel

hotpinkangel Well-Known Member

Have a pattern to them? Keep getting tightenings in my bump, back and tops of thighs, not timed them but I've had about 6 or 7 in the past hour?

2. missy1

missy1 Well-Known Member

They don't really have a pattern to them no and they do feel like tightening. I always wondered if it was the start of my labour when I got them but when labour did start for real there was no mistaking it! For me braxton hicks were nothing like contractions which were much more intense, painful and regular

3. comicwife

comicwife Proud mum of 4

4. Lilly12

Lilly12 Mommy & #2 on board

I don't think they have a pattern, plus they say if you have more than 4 or something an hour it might be labor?

5. KitKatBit

KitKatBit Mummy of 2 gorgeous girls

No I don't think BH ever get regular. They're very different from contractions though, in my experience. BH feel kind of uncomfortable, but pale into insignificance compared to contractions.

6. AndyyMay

AndyyMay Well-Known Member

I never really experianced BH as far as Im Aware
    But When I Started Having Pains At 5.57 in the morning it started like period pains and i had a backache,the pains were irregular till about 8 in the morning then went regular till about 11,then from then they were regular
    I gave birth then the following day:)
    if they stay constant and get stronger chick could be the start of labour:)

7. Samaraj

Samaraj Aidans Mum and #2 cooking

I had something similar at 37+2 went for 19 hours and stopped....You'll know when actual labour begins :)