Do breast feeding vacations really work?

Foxybabyhg3

Mamma to Skylar TTC #2
Reaction score
My preemie is now latching on with the aid of a shield, but whilst expressing I was only getting 60ml and she needs 90 to 100 at least. I was hoping that the baby sucking would help increase it, but there's no real way of telling. I express after as I still need enough for her medication, and I get about 40ml, so does that mean she's only getting 20ml? I give her a top up as well of the Caprilon which has been prescribed (she def knows the difference-she pulls a face when I give her that lol)

Anyway, DH has agreed to be my slave this weekend and Skylar & I are going to do nothing but BF over the weekend in bed, with DH bringing me food and mothers milk tea:thumbup:

Do you think it'll work? I've been expressing for about 14weeks now. Is it too late to get an increase?

It's never, ever too late to increase your milk supply. Your lo will do so frequently over the duration of your nursing relationship. The volume you pump is never indicative of your actual supply. Getting any milk after feeding from the breast is better than the average woman believes she's capable.
If you have a slave available to you, I would bf and pump as much as possible, if you can stand to do it. Enjoy your weekend of cuddles and tea!

sound like a great idea.I read in Ina Mays guide to breastfeeding that to get your milk supply up in the early days it's best to lie in bed with baby, get tended on and 'nurse nurse nurse'. seems like it would be sound advice for any stage as well.

I still do it when needed, my son is 5 mo. When he goes through a wonder week he tends to be fussy and *my* way of dealing with this is staying in bed with him playing cuddling and nursing all the time. The increase in supply is always evident.

And do the whole weekend topless for skin to skin contact. I really think that helps xx

Thanks ladies. Putting on line dried fresh bedding, my pump and kindle all set up ready for my vacation :haha:

I think it would definitely help, enjoy your vacation and the extra bond with you LO!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->