do doctors call if positive for pregnancy-blood-test? whats your experience??!!

D

dmestiza

i had my blood drawn on nov 6th (thursday) to check if im pregnant... i havnt had a chance to check the results just yet, but with any ladies on here... did your doctor/ clinic call you when they had your results for a positive pregnancy blood test?????? and did the doctor call you right away, to tell you, you are pregnant??? im just curious to know other ladies experiences with this topic! Another time when i had a pregnancy blood test and it was negative, they didnt call me (i found out it was neg when i went in to doctors office)... so i am guessing they would call if its positive! :) thanks in advance to you all :hugs: :thumbup:

My doctor doesn't call, but the nurse calls. Anytime I have blood drawn she calls the very next business day before noon. When I did my HcG test I was antsy, and called first thing Monday morning. She called me back within 30 minutes.

I love my clinic, I think they really take into account my feelings about wanting quick updates and put the patients first.

thats really good that your doctor clinic does that!!... im just soo curious to find out if im preG... koz i am having constant dizziness/ light headedness!!!!! i have felt this for almost 2 weeks now.

Before my positive there were a lot of "funny" things happening to me that was making me suspect that I was pregnant. One day I was sitting at my desk at work and all of a sudden I got very dizzy and light headed. I wasn't doing anything to exert myself, it just happened, and lasted for quite a bit.

I remember during and after I thought "huh... I wonder if I am pregnant" but then I kind of set it aside and didn't pursue it. It was another week before I took a test and got my positive and by then my spidey senses were going crazy. :)

i was getting this dizziness/ light headed feeling like ''full on'' for around 1 week... during the day n night... now it is constantly at night... i feel like im having a BRAIN FREEZE... if i am preg... im guessing i would be like around 10-12 weeks or something!!! i did have faint faint positive first response tests in sept... and if i conceived it would have been start of sept... but i have been getting negative tests recently... but i heard stories of women finding out through there blood tests (when urine showed neg).. if they were PREG... sooo i will find out very soon though!!

when i got the faint positives in sept i didnt think anything of it!! :)

There's something called the hook effect which says that if you have too much hcg (pregnancy hormone) in your pee, the test will start showing negative again. Try diluting your pee 1:1 with water and then do a test, and you may get a positive.

You could have had a chemical pregnancy, which is basically a very early miscarriage, but don't let that worry you too much until you get word from your doctors...some women say they never got a positive one a home pregnancy test at all and still ended up with a healthy baby 9 months later. :)

Good luck!!

Yes. I had the test on the Monday morning and my gp receptionist called at 2pm on Tuesday x

nope ours you have to ring and find out

I got my bloods taken on Wednesday and was told to call Thursday at noon for results from the nurse and she had them in :) tbh if I didn't call I would never know because my Dr is crap ha . I have to follow everything up myself . But they had the result back in good time . I would ring yourself to get a proper answer

I always have to call my doctor for test results, but I have also never had an irregular result that requires further attention. I usually just wait a week and call.

both times, doctor's office called (and they were two different offices). It was actually the nurse that called, but they called with the results.

Selaphyna- how long did it take them to call you?? right away when they had the results? xo

Selaphyna- how long did it take them to call you?? right away when they had the results? xo

I honestly don't remember with DS1 as that was over 12 years ago, but I'm thinking it was within a day or two.

With DS2, I had blood drawn on Saturday (as that was the only day I could get in). Nurse called me on Monday afternoon to set up my first appt with her that Wed.

when i got the faint positives in sept i didnt think anything of it!! :)

Out of interest why did you not think anything of it when you got the faint positives? We're you TTC at this point? Or suspect you were pregnant? I'm just wondering why you'd test in the first place and then not think anything of it that's all. But that's because I'm a poas addict when ttc and if I saw a faint positive I then keep testing to see what happens to the line ha ha.

Hope you get some answers :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->