Do Fetuses Dream?

kiwimama

Soon to be family of 4!
Reaction score
Just as the title says - do any of you believe that they can dream while in the womb? I have read that they can from mid-late in the third trimester. When I asked OH what he thought, he said that he didn't think they could because "what would they dream about?" I couldn't answer that, what could they possibly dream about - they have never seen or experienced anything!
Just interested to see what everyone else thinks about this.

boobies, I bet :D
They have hear stuff and sense light as well by that age. I had a nightmare about smoothness once so I wouldn't think it was impossible to have some kind of dreams in utero..

I have heard that blind people just dream about sound so I'm sure it's the same thing for babys >.<

Id think so, they are just tiny versions of us and we dream so i dont see why they wouldent.
Id love to know what they dream about, my LO probably has nightmares after listening to my lot argue all the time, lol.

I read that about now (32 weeks) they start to dream. I am sure they will dream about what they already have experienced of life. Sounds, changes in light, that sort of thing.

My LO probably dreams of me bitching at his Daddy to pick his dirty socks up off the floor. Ha.

My LO probably dreams of me bitching at his Daddy to pick his dirty socks up off the floor. Ha.

:rofl:

I dont think there is anyway to know for sure if they dream or not, But it would be nice to know if they did! They probably just dream about the sounds and voices they hear!

I'd say they could, they're just going to be the same as when they're newborns would they not?? Just not dreaming in the same way as we do... Like Blah says blind people dream so why not babies esp in the last few weeks.

i read that at 24 weeks they start to have rapid eye movement.. which i heard has something to do with dreaming. I like to think they dream of what they hear, and see inside there... they obviously cant dream of ''sheep'' because they have never seen one lol!!
xxxxxxxx

They probably do. What else would they do? They have thoughts...so they must have dreams. It would get pretty boring in there if they didn't/ ;p

Yes :)

I don't think that brain activity suddenly starts because they are born. I believe that once the brain is formed enough then they will dream.

I'm not sure about that, I don't dream so why would my baby?

I'm not sure about that, I don't dream so why would my baby?

I heard that everyone dreams, some just don't ever remember them.

It's neat to think tho, I never thought whether my baby dreams or not..Hmmm! Something we will always wonder I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->