do fibroids make u infirtile?

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by future hopes, Nov 12, 2011.

1. future hopes

future hopes Well-Known Member

hello again ladys

i have a question about fibroids. a few weeks ago i went to have a coil fitted and wen my dr put that measury thingy in she said she wudnt b able to fit a coil because there was somthing blocking. shes said it cud b a fibroid. i started paniking because ive heard bad things about these so i went and had a little look on line and to my horror it said really bad things.
    like fibroids can make u infirtile or make it very hard to concieve
    it also said u have a high risk of mc (ive suffered 3 so this made me panic)
    it also said about still birth so it bassicly scered the living crap out of me.

me and my OH have a 9 month old son but i really wud love another baby in the future im dead broody now but have to wait due to a major life saving op i had in feb. i really hope wat ive read is not true cuz i cant stop worrying. its a bit odd cuz wen she went to fit it i was having my af and since then its stopt ive missed 2 which is making me worry even more. i just dont want anything afecting our chances of concieving next time.

sadly i never got to enjoy our son being new born and tiny cuz i was to ill and in hospital wen he was 2 weeks old till he was 6 weeks. its only now i can do more things, hes 9 months old now so really feel i missed out on the begining of his little life. i am so thankfull tho that god blessed us wit him but i wud really love to give him a propper brother or sister in the future. worrying like crazy.:wacko:

2. girl friday

girl friday Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys

When I went for my dating scan with DS they found a fibroid. They said a really high number of women have them without knowing. They measured mine again at the 20 week scan and weren't concerned by it. I had no other interventions because of it. x

3. mamadonna

mamadonna Well-Known Member

Hi just wanted to let u know i have fibroids too,and i have 5 sons not sure when they appeared,but they where there with my last 2 pregnancies,when i asked my doc he told me not to worry.some fibroids can grow very large and i think that's when things can go wrong

4. Kians_Mummy

Kians_Mummy Mummy to Kian & an angel

My mum went for her 20 weeks scan with my 3 year old sister to find that she had them. So I would say no

5. Charliemarina

Charliemarina expecting #4

i have 3 and 1 of them is 9cm in diameter :wacko: but i have 3 kiddies and it never caused me anything but slight bleeding during early pregnancy, they were concerned it would cause MC but it never posed an issue at all :)

try not to panic asked to be referred to gyno, if it is to big they can remove them, its a pretty simple straight forward op :)